AMI bios option ROM modding [old title: Intel ICH9R 7.6.0.1011 rom]

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Maf, Nov 24, 2007.

1. Sebastiii

Sebastiii MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2008
  2. Sebastiii

Sebastiii MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2008
    All work good :)

Thx you :) BIG THX :)

3. Dutchman01

Dutchman01 MDL Member

Sep 6, 2007
    I got a Asus P5E3 Premium WiFi AP@n (x48)

Got the same problems with the Intel SSD's

I did open a ticket at ASUS

Waiting already 2 weeks for a updated Asus BIOS with new ICH9 and JMB363 rom update's.

Today i did get Mail from ASUS they are investegating this behavor and let me know the ICH9R roms on there motherbords Bios versions the have are all Old and out to date.
    They confirm Intel did Update the ICH9R roms.

4. tormento

tormento MDL Member

May 10, 2007
    AFAIK the ICH10R rom works on ICH9R too. I tested the 8.7.0 one on an Asus P5E.

5. tormento

tormento MDL Member

May 10, 2007
    Great.

Which bios have have you extracted them from?

@everybody: be careful which version you replace, for example Asus P5E uses JMB368, not JMB363. Don't know if thery are compatible or not.

6. SoLoR

SoLoR MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2008
    thanks, but i tryed to use this a while ago, without success, my mobo have 2 nics thus 2 roms and whatever i do it only replaces first one, even if i mark 2nd one in mmtool, also tryed with amimmwin without success and then i just stoped bothering. But in all honesty i only use 1st nic anyway (2nd one is disabled in bios), so i might try to use it.

7. testeursoft

testeursoft MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2008
    SoloR :
    yes, I nearly forgot about this bug in MMTool. When 2 ROMs have the same RunLoc (PCI ID), it will always replace the first occurence of it, no matter what you do. And this is exactly the case, since your mobo is one of the not so common in the Asus line-up that has 2 identical LAN adapters (Marvell 88E8056, PCI ID 11AB:4364).

8. testeursoft

testeursoft MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2008
    @KaminoReal :
    Sorry to hear about that.
    Link removed, obviously. You were brave, but that's enough.
    Guess you just have to wait for an hypothetical update from Asus, cause AFAIK, there's not too many vendors selling MBs with this special 6121 ROM and on the next gen (ie. LGA 1156) MBs from Asus, there is no Marvell chip (Because of the "the great 6 GB/s fiasco"). And, as it's common knowledge, alas, Asus update their ROMs nearly only for n+1 gen. MBs.

So you use "another OS". And maybe you used, to get this "other OS" running, in the past, a MB with a JMicron JMB36x chip. And you get accustomed to the settings of this chip. So if your question is "How to enable AHCI in the Marvell 88SE61xx BIOS" like in a JMB36x BIOS, I'm sorry to say that, from what I know, it's just not possible. This is one of many other shortcomings of this chip (like real eSATA with HotPlug under Windows, the way it means to be, without relying on a dodgy mrdd.sys which is not even signed).

9. testeursoft

testeursoft MDL Novice

Apr 1, 2008
    @KaminoReal
    This is indeed a quite puzzling & interesting problem.
    Somehow, I really think you should create a new thread, where you will be able to post full specs, lspci, boot.log, Everest/SIV/SIW/PC Wizard reports, iaStor events and so on from your machine so that people can help you further, cause I think your issue is not only "option ROM" related and we're on the verge of being off-topic here. Just my 2 cents, no intention to be rude (English is not my native language, so forgive me).

10. IrishCoffee

IrishCoffee MDL Novice

Aug 6, 2009