AMI, Invalid Input Range/Flash

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by iotoshos, Nov 23, 2012.

1. iotoshos

iotoshos MDL Novice

Nov 23, 2012
    Hi,

I'm new to the forums, and thanks in advance for your help.

I'm running a refurbished Toshiba Satellite P775D-S7144. It has AMI ver 1.20 installed and it's gone bonkers. The OS is Windows 7 x64.

I set a supervisor password, but never had issues using the password to configure settings or update passwords. I needed to get into the BIOS the other day, and found this out: I can't.

I can enter the BIOS interface, and navigate the panes that list the available settings, but I can't enter my supervisor password at all without using the backdoor.

This means I can't change my boot order, and I can't reconfigure settings. In fact the backdoor password isn't the one I set, and it isn't a default password either. Most recently seeing if by some mishap the problem had resolved itself I was recieving Invalid Input Range error messages while navigating from settings pane to settings pane in the BIOS interface.

I tried to flash it with the Toshiba utility for this model, but it won't even try because the latest version is listed as 1.20 so it will start, initialize, and exit the program. I found the AMI utility as well, but can't find an older AMI .rom to use.

Mostly I use the PC for WoW, but I've been getting into signal processing and network analysis with Daqarta & Wireshark. I only lost out $198, but at this point it'd just be a total loss if I can't resolve the issue and the PC crashes. Do I need a Pro?