Another adding WMC query

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by iang27, Jan 25, 2013.

1. iang27

iang27 MDL Novice

Jan 17, 2013
    I activated my Win 8 Pro using a retail key (Not bought ! ) which worked fine. I then decided to add the WMC using the free key sent by Microsoft. When I entered the key in 'Add Features' it confirmed that it worked and started the install. One installed I checked activation and my system was no longer activated which I found strange when it had accepted the key when installing. I then attempted the phone activation but the free key was not recognized. I then 'downgraded' back to Win 8 Pro but wondered if anyone managed to get the WMC to work using the free key with an already activated Win 8 Pro ???

2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    AS long as the Product Key of the activated Windows 8 Pro is a legal owned Key, NO PROBLEM! But the "owners" of the "not so legal" Key may face some problems!:druff:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Bat Man

Bat Man MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2012
    As he said that Windows 8 PRO key was illiegal...that is why after activating via a legit WMC key it got de-activated

4. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    NO, he didn't told that the key is illegal, he told that he used a key HE didn't bought! And that's not the same! But it really could be the fact!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...