[Answered] IORRT?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by fayid39055, Nov 18, 2021.

1. yomet62691

yomet62691 MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2021
    I just noticed the 'answered' thing on the title, and I guess that means no help's forthcoming. I don't even get any explanation - it's just radio silence. In that case, please delete the thread and my account(s). Sorry for the use of temp e-mails, I use my legit e-mail for personal stuff.

2. TempleMaster

TempleMaster MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2017
    I have a similar situation pending with Office 2010 Pro plus (VL iso)... I will probably just re-up the activation with Abbodi1406's script or AIO.

However, I would like to address the question of "why are we using such an old version of Office?". In my case, it has to do with MS changing their sub-pixel font smoothing engine (aka ClearType) after Windows 7 (actually after Windows 8 Consumer Preview). MS also changed the font engine in MS Office 2013 and beyond. Many people noticed text was simply not as crisp from Windows 8 onward. My wife writes & edits a lot of legal copy (attorney) in Word and said Windows 8.1 and Office 2013+ were inferior. Personally, I noticed Office 2013 & 2016 were bloated dogs and experienced the same aforementioned lag. SO, Windows 7 + Office 2010 are the last versions which offer superior font rendering onscreen and lean performance. Perhaps Win 11 has fixed this issue?

3. OfficeProblems

OfficeProblems MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2021
    Re-upping doesn't do anything, though, at least in my experience. No matter what script I use, no matter how many times I uninstall and scrub, no matter how I go about it, every single time, Office (well, Word, the only part of it I wanted to use, honestly) 2010 slips into reduced functionality. Sometimes, I can still type (just without the use of quotation marks) and other times, I can't at all. I have to close (luckily I can still save just fine), re-open the document, and wait for it to happen again, and again, and again. I think the 'H3GVB' key has been blacklisted? I just find it hard to believe everyone else can seemingly activate and use Office just fine while I've spent the past God knows how long dealing with this, and like I said, I've gone about it exactly as I've been told. VL ISO from IA? Check. SP2 installer? Check. KMS_VL_All? Check. I used AIO just now, and what happened? Yep, reduced functionality.

And I definitely agree on Office 2013+. I use 2010 because it works. It does what I need it to do. And if you google Office 2013 lag, say, you'll notice quite a bit of complaints about it too, and every single "solution" from Microsoft's "tech experts" doesn't do a dang thing about it. You're still gonna type or backspace even just a little only for Word 2013 to lock up. Hell, if the free alternatives didn't butcher the documents I'm working on upon opening, I'd have just gone with one of 'em in the first place.

4. TempleMaster

TempleMaster MDL Novice

Feb 22, 2017
    #25 TempleMaster, Nov 22, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
    Just to follow up on my particular Office 2010 (de)activation incident... it seems MalwareBytes had quarantined OSPPSVC.exe and another file object related to verifying activation (i.e. KMS_VL_ALL) around 6 months ago. Upon reviewing MB quarantine logs, a quick look at the calendar confirmed my suspicions.

After I released the files from quarantine and the files were restored to their locations by MalwareBytes, PRESTO! Everything is activated and working.

So, be sure to check your antivirus software, MS Defender/Security Essentials, or other culprits which might disable or remove KMS related files.

5. vajebom207

vajebom207 MDL Novice

Nov 22, 2021
    Thanks, TempleMaster for your pointers, but I think it's just the H3GVB key's been blacklisted - correct me if I'm wrong, but I just tried KissKMS and it didn't pan out. II also looked at my Windows Defender and saw nothing to indicate that it was messing with anything KMS related. I know some might think just "nuking and paving" would be the best option, but for the sake of getting one program to work when I was going to uninstall it after I was done the project just seems too outlandish, and the snarky "lol just learn to disk image bro" and radio silence stuff rubs me the wrong way. I'm not a computer fellow. I don't even really use my computer that often, period. I got it as a gift. Pardon me if I'm not too well versed in technical stuff. Y'all can delete this thread, etc, I'm just going to work around the reduced functionality stuff - for the most part, it still lets me type so I can just work until it's done, uninstall Word, and never deal with this crap again. See ya.

6. alexxf

alexxf MDL Addicted

Feb 9, 2008
  7. weciyan446

weciyan446 MDL Novice

Nov 24, 2021
    Then why does it keep going into reduced functionality mode every single time? What am I doing wrong? I did exactly what I was told: grab the latest official SP1-integrated VL ISO, the SP2 installer, and perform a clean install. Finally, use KMS activation. I did all that, and thoroughly checked to make sure my Windows Defender wasn't holding anything up (it wasn't) and at first, it seemed to work just fine, and then it slipped into reduced functionality mode when I was typing. I even posted a screenshot to show what I mean, and I didn't get any answer then. KMS_VL_ALL showed Office 2010 was licensed with that exact same key. So, again, what am I doing wrong?

8. alexxf

alexxf MDL Addicted

Feb 9, 2008
    Maybe it will help if you post in the correct thread:
    KMS_VL_ALL - Smart Activation Script