[Answered] Windows 7 Build 7601 suddenly not genuine

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by toolkit, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    Daz' Loader 2.2.2 does have MSI SLIC and Certificate in it. The key depends on your installed Windows Edition/SKU.

There are three simple rules:

1. The SLIC and Certificate selection must match with each other (Maybe Daz could interlock or merge them in the next release). This selection does not have to match the M/B brand! You could also use HP on an MSI board, for example.
    2. The key must only match the Windows Edition you've installed. Otherwise, you can freely chose one of the offered keys, they do not need to match the SLIC/Cert selection.
    3. If the board is already SLIC branded, only a certificate and key will be applied, the actual Loader won't be installed (and no reboot will be required).

2. hearywarlot

hearywarlot MDL Member

Jul 31, 2015
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Jerry2017

Jerry2017 MDL Junior Member

Apr 6, 2017
    I think I accidentally find out what cause my windows 7 not genuine. It is because the installation of McAfee Antivirus PLUS. I don't know the details, but It seems that McAfee installs some sort of services that can make windows not genuine. That was what happened to all my computers. So I reactivated my windows with a new product key and uninstalled McAfee. But I noticed that there were still some McAfee services running in the background even after McAfee was uninstalled. Then I disabled those services in msconfig and all of sudden, my windows become not genuine again. This was the case for all my computers. I had to purchase another new key to activate my windows. i think those services McAfee installed to run in the background are the culprit.