Any DVD

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by Joe C, May 10, 2016.

1. Hvam

Hvam MDL Novice

May 22, 2014
    Yes it does.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    You make it sound as if these guys were living in poverty. Any DVD sold thousands of licenses for many years at over $100+ dollars a pop.
    Somethings tells me that these devs are doing much better than I am. I think they are gutless wienies for not having the gonads to start a new name for Anydvd instead of riding on it's name while at the same time cheating life time license users of of their license. I also have other life time licenses, and they are much more honest and reputable in their professional business dealings, This is how the folks at JV power tools are:
    It is of my opinion that those of Any DVD should do the same

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    109EUR for lifetime?
    Obviously lifetime means nothing to them.

They should release code under GNU GPL, so there would be no action ever possible by anybody ever

4. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
  5. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    #25 sebus, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016
    All features (including Blu-ray decryption and processing) are free during BETA

Please note that commercial blu-ray discs are proteced by technologial measures preventing unauthorized duplication (including, but not limited to, "Cinavia" technology). MakeMKV doesn't remove such measures, so MKV file produced from a commercial blu-ray disc will not play on a blu-ray player, even when converted back to M2TS format.

Total price: £47.27

6. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    #26 Nucleus, Jun 21, 2016
    AFAIK Cinavia remains unbroken, at least without wrecking the audio quality. AnyDVD has a feature to allow some software players to play ripped copies (Cinavia intact) without the audio muting after a short time. I understood that so far as playing it back (ripped copies) on standalone players, the only real solution is a non Cinavia equipped player.

As experiment I ripped Fury and The Social Network (AnyDVD/BD ReBuilder) and the Cinavia remained intact on both even with the audio re-encoded to AC3.

Fortunately for rippers/encoders it isn't too widely used on retail discs, Sony use it on their discs.

7. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #27 Joe C, Jun 21, 2016
    (OP)
  8. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    This is very true. Surely watching movies from disc BD/DVD/AVCHD is ever more a thing of the past.

9. hdgamer

hdgamer MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2013
    Is there any way to activate the latest AnyDVD HD releases? I like to use the program to prevent PowerDVD from detecting cinavia in the audio of specific discs. Is there any other program that provides a similar feature?

10. hdgamer

hdgamer MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2013
    If you don't have anything helpful to say, then please don't say anything. I already asked for any recommendations for any other programs that provide a similar service.

11. Carlos Detweiller

Carlos Detweiller Emperor of Ice-Cream

Dec 21, 2012
    One alternative is DVDFab Passkey.

12. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    His reply was correct, it's not allowed on MDL to ask for cracks, keys or other activations for software (warez).

13. hdgamer

hdgamer MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2013
    Thank you. Do you know if DVDfab Passkey actually prevents PowerDVD and TMT from detecting cinavia in audio streams? Just like AnyDVD. Or is it only useful in ripping movies with cinavia?