Any leaked key blacklisted???

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by danny3456, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Chen

Chen Guest

Edd, all WAT Betatester had received the same information, but we have no influence aud the decisions from there.

2. regretz

regretz MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2009
    Lol, you are quite lame. So now the WAT is "beta"... And that link to that blog you posted is useless. So essentially it says:

"malware that turns out to be embedded in copies of non-genuine Windows Vista that people have downloaded.

I blogged back in May about a similar case where we saw Windows 7 RC builds that had malware embedded in them."

So again, what does that have any relevance towards Windows 7 genuine status in itself? All that the blogger is referring to are probably torrent infected copies people may have downloaded. Your constant useless scare tactics = fail

3. Chen

Chen Guest

I can understand you very well, but I can not help you with other information, but I ask tomorrow Hung Kwan, if he heard something new. :confused:

4. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    #64 Brainsuck, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    WAT Beta testers? That I don't believe. I think it much more likely that any WAT testing will be done internaly. Somewhere in Redmond Washington there is a team of IT's in a room full of computers using bios mods and loaders trying to figure out how to succesfully kill those methods without inadvertantly shutting down legitimate installs.

I don't really care what you say, I DO NOT BELIEVE that MS is opening up WGA or WAT to beta testing.

The more you talk the less sense you make and the more apparent it is that you are lying. On the day that MS does manage to shutdown a loader or defeat bios mods you are not going to look any smarter. Even a broken clock is rite twice a day, occasionally even the blind squirrel finds an acorn.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. TR2N

TR2N MDL Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Hmmmm..... I really don´t know, where "Chen" got his informations from, if he ever got some....

I can´t believe, that a software like WAT is able to detect a hard modded BIOS. What is, technical based, the difference between a OEM BIOS and a MODded BIOS? I can´t see any differences. Microsoft can´t block any mainboard/mod BIOS combinations - there are so many different OEM vendors that produce endless combinations of different mainboards in their PCs - with SLIC in it. Can Microsoft ensure, that my modded MSI P35 Platinum isn´t manufactured by any OEM vendor all over the world??

What they can do - they can blacklist some leaked keys - okay, you can change it, no probem.

As i stated before, the main target are the kiddies, that download a so called "scene release" with integrated loader. We are a dozen of hard modder, fully uninteresting for Microsoft.

7. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009

Actually, there are ways to detect a moded bios but will MS ever take the risk of accidentally inactivating thousands if not more of legitimate OEM installations. The problem for the modder is that the SLIC information may say dell or asus or whatever but the bios still brands the motherboard as a gigabyte or whatever the actual manufacturer is.

I think MS has to error on the side of caution though, Bios versions change and they can't guarantee that they won't accidentally inactivate all the false positives they will get if they went down that road.

If you doubt this then look in everest ultimate, compare the SLIC information to other OEM branding information in other areas of the bios.

8. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    Look up at my post as I saided Bot from M$

9. grinzekatze

grinzekatze MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2009
    i will wait till something is happening.

i'm sure some guys here are working for M$ and are trying to make some gays insecure, with the hope they will run in the next store and buy win 7.

10. Chen

Chen Guest

They have you ever had contact to the artificial intelligence, Brainsuck? :eek:

11. ennio

ennio Guest

I must add that modded BIOS is OEM BIOS. I really can't see how OEM cert could work with fake BIOS.

12. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    PAYMYRENT says he likes the other ms bot :D

13. grinzekatze

grinzekatze MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2009
    i'm not from america, as you can see on my englisch, but is it ok with the law to detect what kind of bios u use, and in worse case to make your win7 not guinine?

14. ennio

ennio Guest

No, MGADiag detects Genuine software. How they can tell that it is fake? It is not fake.

15. TR2N

TR2N MDL Member

Feb 28, 2008
    #77 TR2N, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
    Okay, that makes sense - but: What is when i change my SLIC in my case to a MSI one, add a 2.1 MSI cert and a MSI key? And how is it possible for Microsoft to detect a mod, especially when i use the same cert/key/SLIC combination like the manufacturer of my mainboard?

YEN, any ideas/hints how it is possible to detect a mod? (paranoia ON: You can send me a PM ;) )

16. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    #78 Dolorous Edd, Oct 23, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2009
    Modded bios is the manufactures stock bios with the SLIC tucked in nice and neatly. The mod does not change the manufacturer's branding of the board.

A Gigabyte board will always be labeled as a gigabyte board even if the SLIC identifies it as a dell. An activations scheme that recognizes the conflicting manufacturer and slic information is possible but risky for MS.

Asus makes asus boards for aftermarket purposes but they also sell OEM versions of some of those boards to companies like HP, Gateway, Emachines and others. Now if some of those boards have SLIC for HP but also have ASUS branding and MS kills those legitmate activations because they see HP/ASUS information in the bios then MS is in a s**t load of trouble with vendors, manufacturers and end users.

That is why MS is reticent to kill bios mods. I suspect that grldr loaders present the same problem. Another problem is if they start killing of grub loaders they are going to be in a world of s**t with those who use windows and linux.

THe driver based activation hacks were easier to defeat. I like the remove wat concept, it is very clean but it will be more susceptible to Windows Updates than the other methods, remove WAT is neither a loader or driver based, not sure what to call it.

This is all just my opinion, could be wrong but there has to be some reason MS hasn't pulled the plug on mods and loaders when we all know damn good and well they can identify them, it is the false positives that are tying their hands.

17. TR2N

TR2N MDL Member

Feb 28, 2008
    BTW: Chen, you have some strange typo errors - are you from Germany??