Any leaked key blacklisted???

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by danny3456, Oct 23, 2009.

1. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009

THe cert and slic HAVE to match, If I ran a mod I would use a matching key if possible but that isn't what I was refering to, the bios is branded by the manufacturer. Use a program like CPUID or everest and look at the bios information. That information is not derived from the slic, it is in a separate part of the bios and I highly doubt you could mod that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. ennio

ennio Guest

Yes, I agree.

3. grinzekatze

grinzekatze MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2009
    one question:

what is when i'm going to buy me a dell desktop pc with oem windows, and my motherboard goes f**ked.than i buy me an asus board. What's than with my windows 7. The oem key is on backside, is it not possible to activate it again?

4. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    If your OEM board dies you would most likely have to get a board from Dell to fix it. If you built a new machine from new parts and the pieces your old legitimate activation would die with the old computer. What you did after that would be up to you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Chen

Chen Guest

OK, PAYMYRENT, Mr. President, Sir i acknowledge now to fire all nuclear bit weapon up.

The answer goes to you as confirmation - no bot - :cool:

Be happy!!! :p ;) :D

6. grinzekatze

grinzekatze MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2009
    ok. but you get only 2 years garantie. whats after that?

7. TR2N

TR2N MDL Member

Feb 28, 2008
    I know that cert and SLIC have to match :)

Regarding to my example, i have a MSI board. So i could add a MSI cert and key - that would make it harder to detect it, when i understand you correctly. Maybe undetectible for Microsoft. But as you stated, there are many OEM manufacturer that get their boards from third-party vendors like MSI or ASUS. And that is really a problem for Microsoft.

After all: Let´s wait and see what will happen....

8. Phazor

Phazor MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    Just guessing, but maybe it depends on the Key?

The first leaked Lenovo for instance has been recalled in time, (meaning no legit OEM machine will ever have it), so if a machine connected to their servers with this Key then they would know with 100% certainty that that user is running a pirated copy of 7.

And what better way to test whether their new countermeasures are going to be effective? (Or whatever they are trying to find out - IF thats what they are doing.) After all they know that if something goes wrong they are only hitting a 'pirate', in other words a person who is most certainly not going to complain if they are getting problems with their pirated OS...

(Like i said, 100% speculation, but it has something plausible to it.)

9. straha

straha MDL Junior Member

Oct 15, 2009
    OK Chen, Run oatmeal spoons like paper snow smileys liking.

10. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    When people are referring to Orbit30's program I think they mean the one that installed RC tokens and got you activated until 2010?

So far from what I have heard theres nothing bad going on with the GRLDR based loaders, only one user (HotCarl) has reported something strange but that may be unrelated to WAT, I'm still checking over some things.

11. Chen

Chen Guest

Daz it would give them many opportunities to make it harder to ´random name, ect. This means each loader on each pc is unique, you know what I mean. ;)

12. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    @ Chen
    Well Orbit30's was kind of an easy target with it "activating" in the way it did. The GRLDR method appears to still be working and I think that should work for a while longer since the file itself is arguably legal and it doesn't modify over any system files. The next thing to make it harder is the loader applications are getting smarter, they install the SLIC and certificate and sometimes even a serial that best suits what the system actually is... not just that but each GRLDR file even has a different hash for every single user so they can't pin point it that way either ;)

13. Chen

Chen Guest

Exactly, hash hash hash more need I say probably not. ;)

14. regretz

regretz MDL Novice

Aug 28, 2009
    Total awesomeness :D

15. nedkelly

nedkelly MDL Novice

Jun 19, 2009
    Your warranty has run out, and you pay for a new board....
    :eek:

16. Daz

Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Keep in mind that I'm not saying it's bulletproof, you should still check your updates before installing them. This applies to BIOS modders too, you too can be caught out by one of 2 methods.

1) SLIC brand not matching that of your actual system.
    2) Using a serial that doesn't match the SLIC brand.

Example being a Gigabyte board with a Dell SLIC using a Lenovo key, odds of getting caught are much greater.

17. Chen

Chen Guest

That's right, if m$ it ever will testet. ;)

18. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    i thank you so much for helping me find a mouse pad (even tho you skipped that completely)

maybe next time i will ask for a windows 7 mouse pad with an integrated slic table.. can you tell me if they make those :rolleyes:

19. digitech

digitech MDL Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Is the Lenovo key a retail Ultimate key meaning you don't need a OEM BIOS to activate?

I think I have it written down somewhere but never used it.

20. Chen

Chen Guest

Buy yourself a touch screen monitor is the better solution for win7. :p