Any leaked key blacklisted???

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by danny3456, Oct 23, 2009.

1. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    buy a touch screen? :rolleyes: i said mouse pad with a slic table in it :eek::eek:

2. spkleader

spkleader MDL Senior Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Guys! guys!!!! - C'mon!
    Just think... my modded bios still valid for WXP Professional OEM!
    Why on earth do you think MS will screw the bios mods at this moment?
    Vista failed! W7 is their hope... M|cro$of7 leaked XP (the devils0wnz release) and only a year or so later they started to pull out the plugs for it... and some oldasses VLK serials still working up to day.
    I'm sure they will do the same with 7, so everyone will be 'safe' despite the method you used to bypass the wga thing.
    Of course the mainstream ones will fall first as the average joe can do it easy, but the bios mods? Nah, I don't think so.
    Just think about the operational costs for the companies to flash the users bios? oh, there's a other way? Change the serial? Fine.. we'll be able to get a new certificate in the same day so pffffff.. I don't really think they will try that approach.

Anyway, I'm sticking with XP for a bit more since my programs aren't compatible with 7, and the friggin cmdprompt that doesn't work in full screen anymore (NO THANK YOU FOR THAT M|CR0S0F7!). That's just my 2 cents... now move along, there's nothing to see here.

:rolleyes:

3. wynwira

wynwira MDL Novice

Oct 5, 2009
    #105 wynwira, Oct 24, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
    I am worried because the story of Busykid508 and Daz, my computer serial and slic wear a different series with motherboard manufacturers.

Is there a solution to this?

4. engage16

engage16 MDL Junior Member

Jul 30, 2009
    Okay why are people thinking that Bios Mods are going to get caught and shut down? Now that Windows 7 has released, we're going to get a ton of new certs and slic tables that are completely legitimate for practically every make and model. So now we can update to those one if your scared, I'm not... Because I know one of us is always going to have a solution to whatever gets thrown at us... Or if your really that worried, go freaking buy it!

5. Gethsemane

Gethsemane MDL Member

Aug 28, 2009
    #107 Gethsemane, Oct 24, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2009
    Well, usually when 1 person reports that they got blacklisted or turned non-genuine out of the thousands, if not millions of people that view this site. Truth be told it was probably something really simple or they were lying. Yes people actually do that on the internet. This sounds like OGA to me. Microsoft is not going to just start taking computers out one by one. They're going to include WAT in future updates. So far the only thing besides OGA that has any possibility of making your Windows non-genuine would be Microsoft Security Essentials, maybe a Windows Defender update and probably another Office service pack. However.

Rest assured when the banhammer has fallen everyone on this forum will be lighting up the message board. I don't believe this 1 person got invalidated because of WAT. It had to be something more simpler like OGA or WGA. Someone forgot to use the hosts file or OGA remover. No need to get paranoid people. When something happens it will be on these boards within minutes from thousands of people.

And... a solution will be made in around 30 minutes after wards ;-) And yes they could potentially ban keys and make people call in to activate their (COA?) computers. I wouldn't put it past Microsoft to do this. But it doesn't matter how hard they come at us or what methods they will use; computer code is always easily modified to do whatever the end-user desires. And with Windows 7 taking only around 20-30 minutes to re-install; it's not like they're really making anyone's life miserable. I got a fresh install of Windows 7 imaged and ready to go if anything like this happens.

6. fortehlulz

fortehlulz MDL Novice

Oct 21, 2009
    I am using the SLIC 2.1 mod, and I installed + ran Microsoft Security Essentials and it did a genuine check/validation and my copy passed. Hopefully MSE doesn't break it in the future, as it's actually a nice AV program.

7. woodson

woodson MDL Novice

Aug 3, 2009
    so i was using the july release and the pmj bla bla key.just put harddrive back in after 4 months booted win 7 got the non-genuine crap.redid the loader that uses the pmj bla bla key all good updates fine.so iam thinking the loader with the levano key is only good for 120 days then it times out?

8. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    Make gays insecure?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009
    The bios contains information on your motherboard model, lets say your MSI board a high end nvidia chipset board with sli and the model number reflects that. The msi slic identifies the board as an msi laptop. If MS was willing to risk false positives they could target these modded machines based on inconsistencies between manufacturer name and or model number and the information in the slic. I don't believe the will because knowing MS's track record they would shutdown as many legitimate activations as illegitimate ones.

Nothing to worry about but this has been pointed out before by others. Just saying it is possible but unlikely to happen.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. karrde

karrde MDL Novice

May 19, 2007
    Not blacklist Key's but blacklist Bios's.
    Creating a Database witch bios (motherboard model) never sold with OEM win 7 has no risk of a false positiv and many self made bios mods on (a little bit) older PC's got blacklisted or turn non-genuine.

11. FreeStyler

FreeStyler MDL Guru

Jun 23, 2007
  12. karrde

karrde MDL Novice

May 19, 2007
    Information sending to MS is maybe subject of change. ;)

The only thing i know is happened to me after the release of Vista.

I worked successful many weeks with a bios mod, then it got non-genuine.
    After a look at some log-files i see that with the bios information the bios date (one and a half year older) sent to MS.
    Perhaps they have simply combined a old bios can't have a SLIC?
    Or they blacklisted the whole bios because, i don't moded it myself, i requested it.
    I don't know.

13. Chen

Chen Guest

The answer is very simple, there are very few hand-picked WAT beta testers but there are some here that can not keep their mouth. :p :D

14. TR2N

TR2N MDL Member

Feb 28, 2008
    Chen, you are a liar! Sure you are from China? I think not, because of your very strange signature - german combined with english.... Very, very strange....

15. PAYMYRENT

PAYMYRENT MDL Developer

Jul 28, 2009
    i think chen is a bot (my lil mouse pad issue lol). i only got a response when i put win 7 into the sentence

16. Dolorous Edd

Dolorous Edd MDL Expert

Aug 31, 2009

There is no WAT beta test program.

17. Brainsuck

Brainsuck MDL Addicted

Oct 9, 2009
    What it just saided is busykid 508 is a wga beta tester one of the many fine BIOS modds out there:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:Oh boy?

18. ennio

ennio Guest

One simple question:

What features of WAT can be tested?

You install the update and Licensing Service will show genuine or non-genuine, simple as that.

I simply don't believe that WAT can be beta tested.