Any simple way of getting key of a windows 10 system? same with determining if it's LTSB?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by urbanracer34, Sep 27, 2017.

1. urbanracer34

urbanracer34 MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2009
    So I have a windows 10 machine I got from the "salvage sales" part of my work.

I want to know if there is a simple way to get the key off of it?

It will only update to Version 1703 of Windows 10 as well, that's what it came with.

Is there any possibility of determining if it is a LTSB install?

I was going to overwrite the install with Ubuntu and install a seedbox script, which was the number one reason I got it.

Thanks,

urbanracer34

2. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    Use the QT from here: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/multi-oem-retail-project-mrp-mk3.71555/

If it came with 1703, it won't be a LTSB install. LTSB is 1507 or 1607.

3. mxman2k

mxman2k MDL Developer

Jun 20, 2007
    You beat me to the reply @Enthousiast lol although another shameless plug, yes the Query Tool will read out the MSDM key from the bios for you.

When you save the report it will also save a 2nd file with the MSDM key within it and what Windows Version and Edition it was for such as Windows 10 Core/Pro etc. If the MSDM table is corrupt or not really there then the QT will say un-listed and no 2nd MSDM file will be created.

Or open a Command Prompt and type:
    Code:
    wmic path softwarelicensingservice get OA3xOriginalProductkey /value
    This will also read the OA3 Key (MSDM key if present). Although that not tell you what Edition the key was for just the key alone. The QT gives a lot more information. ;)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    Right click your start menu button
    Select "Run"
    type in: winver

This will tell you what edition you have (Home, Pro, Enterprise, ect...). It may be good to know if you ever wish to switch back. ;) As previously said, you obviously do not have LTSB. If you really want Windows Enterprise LTSB, you can see my signature for a torrent you can download.

5. Enthousiast

Enthousiast MDL Tester

Oct 30, 2009
    I thought, it's not shameless for me to promote a great MDL original tool ;)

6. urbanracer34

urbanracer34 MDL Novice

Aug 24, 2009
    `Thanks! I think I have what I need now!