any software that can create a restore disc?

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by catdog215, Dec 14, 2009.

1. catdog215

catdog215 MDL Senior Member

Oct 21, 2009
    hi all,

is there any software that can create a restore disc? I do not want a restore from hard drive. i only want to see one hard. no ghost.

This is what i would like to do: after installing window 7 Ultimate x86, installed all drivers related to pc, installed all adobe like flash, etc, installed office. Once all these installed into my pc. Can i create a system restore disc that capture all the above. whenever my computer crash, all i need to do is boot from that disk and everything back to when i first install and all drivers and software installed.

thx

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Acronis TrueImage can do that i,e backup system to bootable dvd it can also make hidden recovery partition.

3. vistadude

vistadude MDL Member

Oct 7, 2008
    Windows backup (in Vista ultimate and enterprise) can do this also, but you'll more than likely need a dual layer dvd disc. Not sure why you wouldn't want to use a hard disc, it's much faster than restore from a dvd.

You'll still need the windows dvd to restore a backup.

4. genuine555

genuine555 MDL Expert

Oct 3, 2009
    Partition Wizard. Free and easy to use.

5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Partition Wizard, will only copy the partition to another hard drive it doesn't actually make an image that you can restore.

6. calpol

calpol MDL Junior Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Hi Urie,

How can I make Bootable DVD please ? I only know how to make a Bootable Rescue Disc, then back up system files from Hard drive. Can you please show me the way how to make Bootable DVD in case of hard drive damaged ?

Thanks a lot in advanced

7. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  8. calpol

calpol MDL Junior Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Thanks so much, urie . I'll try this method.

9. JBenal

JBenal MDL Addicted

Nov 2, 2009
    Maybe this isn't what you're asking, but Windows can create a rescue disk on its own. If you're using Windows 7, just type Create a System Repair Disc into search and press enter and it will bring up the wizard.

Attached Files:

• srd.jpg
      srd.jpg
      File size:
      21.4 KB
      Views:
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. catdog215

Oct 21, 2009
    The reason i don't want to use HD cuz if hd crash, then the restore in hd is gone also. correct?

11. catdog215

Oct 21, 2009
    #11 catdog215, Dec 16, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
    (OP)
    If using Acronis TrueImage and my win7 is using a loader. for example, i have an $OEM$ in the sources to have win7 automatically activate win7. if using Acronis TrueImage, will it also activate win7 and all software installed?

12. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    It does what it says you can take an image of your bootable partition and back it up to bootable dvd remeber if you have the windows 7 100MB partition you need to add that also. you can format machine install xp for example put in your recovery dvd and restore windows xp will be gone and windiows 7 will be recovered and already activated. you can download the help pdf from acronis have a read.

13. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ calpol, did it all back up to one dvd ? by the looks of it you didn't select bootable media and include acronis look at the picture i posted before make sure you have it ticked.

14. calpol

calpol MDL Junior Member

Dec 5, 2009
    I tried to look for bootable media.... Can you do me a favor to show where it is please?

15. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  16. highspeedmac

highspeedmac MDL Member

Aug 31, 2009
    #18 highspeedmac, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
    @ calpol -

1. Make sure you use good quality DVD media.
    2. Make sure you have Acronis run a Validation on the DVD Backup image you make.

It's very important that you do the above when creating Backups on DVD's or cd's with Acronis or any other backup software that can burn the backups to DVD's or CD's.. "A flaw in the DVD Media, the DVD Drive or the image will cause it to fail the restore process."

:)

Edit: from what I can tell you have those settings correct. "Though I'm not using that version of Acronis". May I suggest you make the "Acronis Rescue Media", Which would be just the Bootable CD with The Acronis Software on it, separate from your System Backup image.

17. armada

armada MDL Addicted

Dec 8, 2007
    macrium reflect imo blows acronis away. you can make a backup to dvd and also creat a bootable cd to boot your system off..

18. calpol

calpol MDL Junior Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Thanks for your info.

I did Bootable Rescue Media CD and save my system backup in external HDD before.
    The thing is that I just want to create Bootable DVD including Windows and all softwares installed in case of HDD damaged.