any tool For verfiying Product keys???

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Bat Man, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Bat Man

Bat Man MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2012
    hey folks

just wanna know if i want to check that my windows 7/8 product key is geniune or not..is there any particular tool for that???

like if i run the tool and type the product ket and the tool will validate it online and tell the status for the product key is geniune/valid or its blacklisted
    :eek:

anybosy has any idea plz share

2. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    VAMT 2 or VAMT3 will validate if Genuine but not overlimit, if MAK will validate how many activations left.

3. Bat Man

Bat Man MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2012

Well what are those VAMT 2 and VAMT 3??? :cool:

i just want to check the product key is geniune or not and he activation count as i have keys from by Dream Spark Premium Subscripion

4. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
  5. Bat Man

Bat Man MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2012
    well are you sure...???

today i called up microsoft and they told me that it can be used for one time only...i dont know why they told me like that...but still am unable to know it surely.....weaher they are retail or not /volume...if so how can i determine between those..am confused :confused:

6. Shenj

Shenj MDL Expert

Aug 12, 2010
    VL doesn't mean it's multiple activations, it's simply under a different Licensing Term.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Bat Man

Bat Man MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2012
    am talking abt voulume...i just wanna know that i have dreamspark premium subsription....and i windows 8 key and windows 7 key...just want to conform that...as per microsoft it can be used once or as Tito it is retail and can be used unlimted times for activation??? :rolleyes:

8. Jessica Alba

Jessica Alba MDL Expert

Jul 26, 2009
    the dreamspark key for windows 8 is retail :)

9. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    I read somewhere so don't quote me on this that the Windows 8 dreamspark keys have ten (10) activations per machine. I thought it was odd because I gave my friend one of the two keys to use and he activated his machine with it. Then I activated my laptop with the same key because he reinstalled Windows 7 and I got no phone activation window; I thought it was pretty odd...

10. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    The ten activation are mean that you didn't need to "call" for activation it will be done times without. After that you've to call for manual activation. That said, the activations in total are not limited to ten only.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...