Any way to activate windows 7 Home Premium N ?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ambidav, Apr 1, 2010.

1. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    Just do it, then.

MDL got plenty of projects regarding to whatever method you wanna use. Nobody needs a N version (imo) and now you can see why.

2. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    MAK key (leaked or bought) work on all versions-regular, eval, N, K, KN.
    MAK keys also work on enterprise eval. In fact, a MAK key for enterprise also works on pro. Use VAMT 2.0 to find out whether your key will work or not.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. a7madov

a7madov MDL Novice

Sep 20, 2010
    merciiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

4. DARKOR04

DARKOR04 MDL Tester/Developer

Jul 5, 2010
    #24 DARKOR04, Sep 20, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
    why do not you avoid to many problems, and install Windows 7 Home Premium, and activate it with OEM keys and certs, you have already slic 2.1 so....;)

Note:

Your only options then are "RemoveWAT", "Chew7","InfiniteRearm4","WOAT". So there you have it.
    THERE'S NO OEM-SLP KEY LEAKED FOR HPN YET.

5. LQQL

LQQL MDL Addicted

Apr 21, 2009
    Exactly. You even have the option ready to uninstall all the unwanted media stuff. So, why bother?! Don't get it at all. :)

6. jabberwocky

jabberwocky MDL Member

Aug 28, 2009
    if you have slic 2.1 modded bios or otherwise ,installing and activating (N) versions is easy . also be aware there are 2 sets of (N) versions ,the original biuld that was leaked same time as other RTM versions , had no media player or internet explorer .they are definately not installed and not simply switched off . the second version (N1) we now know as N as the 1st version no longer available .had only media player removed .
    you cannot simply install windows 7 home premium and uninstall these programs they are embedded and the most you can do is switch them off . but the files will allways remain .
    an early homebasic(n) will be approximately 1.5-2gb smaller than non (n) version. I know I have installed both side by side on the same machine .
    I also know that early (n) versions had neither media player or internet explorer ,for the same reason.
    the so called frankenbiuld works fine at the moment ,I have some systems that have been installed over a year with no problems at all ,they all activate (oem) easily and pass WGA and unaffected by installing WAT.
    if some members want to install whatever version they want ,its up to them ,it would be better if they could just get whatever help needed ,instead of endless replies pointing out that they should just install a full version .
    if any one wants to activate an (N) version , I will be happy to modify the script for whatever version and make they wish ,and send them the nessesary files, provided they have slic 2.1 it will work.
    PM me your email and give me a few hours (may not be online at the time )

7. DARKOR04

DARKOR04 MDL Tester/Developer

Jul 5, 2010
  8. jabberwocky

jabberwocky MDL Member

Aug 28, 2009
    That statement is not strictly true or factual ,as in the first Windows 7 n versions ,internet explorer was also removed ,but then a new version was released that had internet explorer put back in . and instead Microsoft offered a browser choices screen through windows update .
    european beurocrats are to blame , for this fiasco .its all a bit irrellevent . but they do like flexing thier beurocratic muscle from time to time.

9. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    As of now, N versions from technet have IE but not WMP.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    How is it irrelevant i hate internet explorer , security updates and fixes every other month and i also don't use WMP. The whole point was M$ didn't give you a choice I bet you wouldn't be saying that if you were one of the other browser developers what chance did they have. Any there is whole thread on this discussion on forum from a while back.

11. jabberwocky

jabberwocky MDL Member

Aug 28, 2009
    its irrellevent now because its now so easy to remove programs including media player and internet explorer using 3rd party softwares ,there are several around , the whole Idea of europes action against microsoft was to force microsofts hand and allow users the choice of browser during or just after install ,and not have to use internet explorer from the start ,originally microsoft produced the first n version that had IE and wmp removed ,but they pulled that version in favour of a new n version with only wmp removed ,and an option screen via window7 update to select the browser of choice . I am not trying to rattle anyones cage ,but if microsoft gave users the choice of what softwares to install (over and above the bare OS) eurocrats would probably have not got involved . its a bit if a useless gesture as most people who actually buy windows 7 will opt for standard home premium or above.
    why cannot microsoft ofer a nice clean OS intallation interface with the option to choose whatever programs we want , only they know that one .

12. MasterDisaster

MasterDisaster MDL Expert

Aug 29, 2009
  13. sosodef57

sosodef57 MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2010
    Thank you! I PM you my email!

14. alanbrown

alanbrown MDL Novice

Dec 8, 2008
    I cant PM, sorry but it would be cool if someone could just help me

Want to lose the damned nag box and be able to install Media Player - can ya help? Cheers