Any way to stop wsservice?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Gerg, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Gerg

Gerg MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2013
    Hi there, ive been messing about for last few hours trying to get the windows store service to disable.

Modding the reg keys does nothing and it cannot be adjusted in services.msc.

I mostly want to stop it due to not using Metro and not wanting my hardware and windows stats sent to M$ every 45 mins, which also wakes up stopped hard drives to have a poke around them. Win 7 used to sit for hours with stopped hard drives but Win 8.1 only lets them stop for maybe 10 mins before probing them again.

The process also causes connection lag every 45mins in online gaming as it uploads your system stats every time the service checks the store servers.

Anyone any ideas on how to stop this as it looks like its controlled from beyond admin level...

2. Mustafa Can

Mustafa Can MDL Member

Jul 6, 2011
    Try Commandline:

To stop the service: sc stop "WSService"
    To disable the service: sc config "WSService" start= disabled
    To delete the service: sc delete "WSService"

edit: Type this commands as Administrator. if it doesn't work then type them as SYSTEM.

3. acyuta

acyuta MDL Expert

Mar 8, 2010
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Gerg

Gerg MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2013
    Ive tried this but still get "access denied" even when elevated to SYSTEM.

MS really dont want you to stop it lol but im sure as hell going to keep trying. If its not disabled by the time this Win 7 iso is downloaded then this s**ts getting binned.

5. Gerg

Gerg MDL Novice

Oct 28, 2013
    I had tried that a few days ago but it only seems to stop local access to the store, it still keeps the wsstore service running and connecting to the net every hour or so.