Any Windows 8 iso without the craps?

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by Kamui, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Kamui

Kamui MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2013
    Is there any premade windows 8 iso (x64 preferably) that comes with startmenu and all that apps from windows store removed? Those freaking apps drive me crazy!!!!! We have 7529834720 core PCs with 34972847GB RAM and they try to make us work on a single-task, fullscreen enviroment. RAAAAAGGEEE!!! YOUR NAME IS WINDOWS FOR GODS SAKE AND THERE ARE NO WINDOWS!!!! :mad::mad::mad:
    I even hate to see them after a fresh restart. I want a windows 8 iso that looks like a 7 installation from the beggining.

Thanks in advance sorry for shouting :p

2. abbodi1406

abbodi1406 MDL KB0000001

Feb 19, 2011
    modified Windows ISO's are not allowed in MDL forums

3. Windows user

Windows user MDL Senior Member

Sep 11, 2012
    You know that the desktop is still present in Windows 8 right? It has all the features present in Windows 7 plus the new task manager,explorer,etc.......If you want Windows 8 to look like Windows 7,then why not use Win 7 in the first place? :p

4. Kamui

Kamui MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2013
    windows 8 runs much smoother that 7. Also I have the licenses so why not use them and yes I know there is a desktop but this HELLISH metro UI always pops up without reason.

5. Kamui

Kamui MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2013
    #6 Kamui, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
    (OP)
    I'm using classic shell. It's free and simple. I don't want Windows market apps at all! I have my android phone-tablet to use apps. Desktop PCs IMHO is a totaly different tool. I have used this full of ads pokki (pokki app store craps craps and more craps), weeks ago and uninstalled it right away.

6. rrohela

rrohela MDL Expert

Sep 1, 2009
    You have key... you tried every app but still not satisfied... Place order with MS for special build & later leak that :biggrin:

7. Windows user

Windows user MDL Senior Member

Sep 11, 2012
    That's a great solution :p

8. s1ave77

s1ave77 Has left at his own request

Aug 15, 2012
    If you´re that lazy, stick with Seven :doh:.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. parapher

parapher MDL Senior Member

Nov 6, 2012
    #10 parapher, Jan 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
    So you have installed Classic Shell to avoid Modern UI and have a start button, which is what you want, but you want an ISO that has that integrated? Maybe we're not understanding you very well :confused:

As for the 'Store Apps', you do know you can uninstall them, right? If there are tiles to those apps on the Start Screen, you can right-click them and uninstall them. If they are not all on Start Screen, you can go to the Apps screen (Win-Q if you want to use keyboard) and do it from there. Other way to get to the Apps screen is to right-click inside Start Screen background and then click "All apps" from the popup bar.

If what you're talking about has to do with how Win8 defaults to use Metro apps (for example: you open a photo/image and the metro viewer comes up, instead of the desktop app called "Windows Photo Viewer"), then yes you could either uninstall the Metro apps that run as default, or otherwise just set association of your file types with the 'desktop' app you want instead. So you don't even need to uninstall the Metro apps to get it to behave the way you like. Personally I also don't use Metro apps for most files on my desktop PC, but at the same time I don't want to cripple the Modern UI nor the ability to download and use Store apps. Really the easiest way for you would be to set it up the way you like, and then make a system backup image you can restore to later on.

It really doesn't take very long to customize the Start Screen to only show the apps (both desktop and metro apps) you desire and get it the way you want. Once you've done that, even if you want to use the Start Screen you can. If you have Classic Shell installed you can set it to skip Modern UI and go straight to desktop with start button and menu included. But I think the main issue you're having is the Metro apps opening files you want only opened by desktop apps. If so, I understand that and that was the most confusing thing for me when I first tried Win8. In the end it was pretty easy to get it the way I like, but the only thing I don't like as much is that now with Modern UI making custom images that are completely automated/unattended is harder with Win8 (and in some ways more limited) than it is with Win7. It requires more manual customizing after an install.

If you want to custom make your own image, use a tool like WinReducer to customize Windows 8. WinReducer will be the easiest method to build your own image if you're not familiar using MS deployment tools.

10. phailyoor

phailyoor MDL Junior Member

Aug 6, 2012
    You need to modify the iso using dism. Try using search.

11. Shayne

Shayne MDL Addicted

Jul 31, 2009
    Got that right the team that design this metro must have to be morons. This is not windows 8 at all they want it to be full screen 1. I have tried this gui store front now a number of times and each time reach the same conclusion. That ... the team that design this metro must have to be morons. It is the most useless piece of crap and they have the balls to shove it in your face like a force feed. If it gets worse instead of better next version you will see less up grade. It does not matter how many ribbons they put on it or how fast you can shut it down.

Bottom line is metro sucks and who cares if you can hide it and use third party apps to get a start button the fact still stands.

Regards

12. Snuffy

Snuffy MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2008
    Seems to me you should Actually Revert back to Windows 7 then use the "Make 7 look like 8 theme" so you can customize.
    or you can delete all the MS tiles.... make a shortcut then add/pin to Start Page then add to the Start menu so nothing else is there...
    or you can try this: READ CAREFULLY
    works for most people, but not all the people, and some people none of the time..

13. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    Me think, it's everybody's own decision what he/her like and will work with. Also every body will have his/her own experiences which may differs from others in some or many ways. Not everybody is that rich to have all times the latest, best and most advanced hardware available, or even don't want to spend money for something which isn't really important to have!

I have no problems to work with both, the modern UI and the "Old" Desktop. But there a lot users which having their problems to get use of the new Modern UI. Or simply didn't like the Modern UI!

So, to find the best way out of that misery, those member ask for some infos and/or How To.....?! There isn't anything wrong with that. Same as everybody of us, who asking for some infos etc., the OP is simply expecting an honest answer.

Maybe that answer isn't such easy! Also it's against the rules to discuss how to modify ISO files or how and where to get some modified ISO's etc., there some tool apps available which just doing that.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...