Any workaround for changing Windows 7 Starter Edition wallpaper?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Rudi1, Aug 23, 2009.

1. 8mick823

8mick823 MDL Novice

Dec 19, 2009
    Post #2 for Oceanis Background Changer

Post #2. Hopefully I can get the link into the next post.

2. syrponthepan

syrponthepan MDL Novice

Dec 25, 2009
    thanks

3. Patcher32

Patcher32 MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2009
    #64 Patcher32, Dec 29, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2009
    Thank you :)
    I am delighted :) You guys rock!

Ok so what I gather from [7] and [8] is that you change the entry[7] and then make it read-only[8]. Is this how it works?

Thanks again

4. keg

keg MDL Novice

Feb 28, 2010
  5. miafruch

miafruch MDL Novice

Oct 9, 2009
    Quick question guys - if i buy a Netbook with windows 7 starter, can i chuck in another SLP key and do an 'anytime upgrade' just like how it works for Premium > ultimate?

6. kla0401

kla0401 MDL Novice

Feb 21, 2011
    I was just wondering if there was any way to reverse the effects of #8 because it erased all of the object's parents and I'm not very good with computers but I feel like this is going to screw up my system in the future. Will it? If not, that's whatever but if it does how do I replace all of the users? Thanks!

7. potroastmaster

potroastmaster MDL Novice

Nov 17, 2009

8. potroastmaster

Nov 17, 2009
    MasterDisaster thanks for the awesome simple program!

Note above quote has been modified to match my privlages

Ok with this post I believe it will display images. But does it notify who I am quoting? I hope that it does, but if not Is the best way to notify the person via personal message?

also if anyone has MasterDisaster and permission to distribute to me that would be awesome. I want to try the newer version.

Thanks in advance,
    Jeff

9. potroastmaster

Nov 17, 2009
    #70 potroastmaster, Mar 26, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2011
    failure to run properly

windows starter.png
    I had to add .exe after extracting with winrar and when i attempt to run file i get this issue. tried with capability running as xp with sp2 and sp3. run as administratior and still same issue. this worked on my my other laptop: asus windows seven starter. the computer i am tring to get this to work on is Eee PC windows seven starter

I edited the file name thinking that it needed no spaces. but this is the same file as "starter wallpaper changer"

10. 皆さんこんにちはマギです

Feb 24, 2011
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. vois

vois MDL Novice

Feb 18, 2010
    Just for someone still need a background changer,there is a nice project that works very well

h**p://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/14309-Starter-background-changer

12. RobertKissel

RobertKissel MDL Novice

Jun 24, 2011
    Thank you, Gentoo!

Many thanks for this guidance: it worked very nicely, although I don't really understand what it is I did or what any of the other implications of these registry changes are. However, this was precisely what I was looking for: thank you very much indeed for taking the trouble to explain so clearly what I needed to do!