Any1 know how to fix error 80070005

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by t0mn8r, Nov 22, 2009.

1. t0mn8r

t0mn8r MDL Junior Member

Aug 21, 2009

Attached Files:

2. applegate

applegate MDL Member

Aug 1, 2009
    You have to restart the computer and run update again.

This could help.

3. nik_boom

nik_boom MDL Novice

Oct 10, 2008
    i was facing the same issue on windows 7 try manually addin a dns server i added opendns 208.67.222.222 .will work for sure try it

4. ioniancat21

ioniancat21 MDL Member

Apr 27, 2008
    I have seen a variety of fixes for this issue. Apparently, it's related to permissions. What I would try is to login as "Administrator" and try those Windows Updates again. Also, try to add permissions for your user account to the "Software Distribution" folder located in C:\Windows as well as making sure that folder isn't marked as "hidden".

I've also read this related to Windows Defender and Norton Antivirus. I guess the problem with solving this issue involves many paths. Hopefully, the most common fix available will be the one you need. Write back and keep us up on the progress.

CAT

5. t0mn8r

t0mn8r MDL Junior Member

Aug 21, 2009
    Strange fix...

Team,
    Thanks for the input. I tried all of your suggestions but no go.

I ran the DisableActivation cmd file before all of this happened which apparently caused the update error. I then ran the remove option for the DisableActivation and rebooted.

Wallah, my updates then worked.

Here is the strange thing though: In My Computer properties and the wallpaper there is no more countdown.

:confused:

NFI (No Frickin' Idea)

All is running well and all updates are being delivered.

:eek:

Just thought I would share my findings.