Anybody tried hackintosh??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rupsd, Jul 4, 2010.

1. lokster

lokster MDL Novice

Aug 14, 2012
    my two cents, hackintosh works perfectly fine on a HP dv4. we had an extra laptop lying around and thought to test if it would work. surprise surprise, it works amazingly well!

Easy to hackintosh, its like installing windows but you just need the perfect drivers for it to work flawlessly, 0 kernel panics

i have video proof :)

after having it for a few days, i uninstalled it. just wanted to say that i did, and its very possible :)

2. thebulletfromhell

thebulletfromhell MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2010

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    i have all 4 os i need in 2 hard disks (Xp,7, Linux Mint in hd0.. Os X multiple flavors in partitions in hd1 with DSDT.aml and fakesmc loaded by chameleon2.1)
    mobo is GA-G31M-ES2L Rev 1. with nvidia BFG GTS 250 OC 1gb
    the main issues lately i hear is the AppleRTC needs a binary patching for 10.7 or 10.8 wake issues.
    AppleACPI rollback for 10.7 and 10.8
    AppleHDA rollback for 10.7 and 10.8
    so other than that its reliable for me in 10.6.8 and 10.7

4. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    All of my OSX Snow Leopard partitions will not boot anymore. I think it must be because I replaced my nvidia 8600GTX with a 550Ti.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
  6. Myrrh

Myrrh MDL Expert

Nov 26, 2008
    Thanks for the info. I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do, either start over with a newer OSX or try to resurrect this one. Obviously I don't use OSX much, I replaced the card 3 months ago and just noticed last week that OSX wouldn't boot. :)

7. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    put old in and install chameleon 2.1 from new releases section there . use chameleon wizard to enable pstates and cstates and graphicsenabler.
    edit the com.boot.plist with it to not have efi string..
    repair permissions on disk then turn off and boot with new. if no go . old should work with new setup of graphicsenabler
    to install the latest driver for nvidia.
    reboot with new card.

8. STLVNUB

STLVNUB MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2009
    Clover UEFI bootloader is the way to go if you want to Hackintosh these days.
    Makes it SUPER easy.
    Ofcourse, CloverGrower makes it even easier:biggrin:

9. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    I've never tried because I have a Mac with Windows on it :D

10. vjott

vjott MDL Member

Aug 7, 2012
    #90 vjott, Nov 8, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2012
    1. Yes, I know that restricted codec support can be enabled during the installation. It was not always that way, however.
    2. Funny you should mention 2007, that's the year I started using Linux. Go to OMGUbuntu! WebUpd8, WorldOfGnome. Every tutorial to customise or fix things involves the command line. Before Gnome Tweak Tool came along, you had to change themes in GNOME 3 using DConf-Editor or command line. There are still some codec problems with Totem movie player that need to be fixed with command line. Adding a PPA is done with command line (unless you use the tool from WebUpd8 but you need to add their PPA in the first place to get it). The whole thing is a mess. Linux is not a serious competitor for the desktop/laptop platform.

Elementary OS is the most progressive Linux distro in my opinion.

11. mark1979

mark1979 MDL Novice

Sep 18, 2012
    #91 mark1979, Dec 21, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2012
    whats up MDL! Mark here...long time lurker noobster poster. i usually just read and research on this site but since this thread caught my eye i figure id throw my experience in. to clear up the air im by FAR an expert like most of you are, but this site has helped me tremendously with my windows 7 and my windows 8 issues..haha. thank yall for that by the way. anyway.

after 7 months of research, countless nights yelling at my screen, and my girlfriend giving me the cold shoulder cause i spend more time with this build than with her HAHAHAH, ive finally accomplised my triple boot (windows 7, windows 8 pro media center, hackintosh osx 10.8.2) with quad screen build. i mainly use my comp for audio and graphic production. i do very little gaming (league of legends, diablo 3 when it was popular, and maybe bejeweled on facebook.haha) but, as some of you might know, having all three OS's for audio and graphic PLUS the desktop space comes in VERY handy. which is why i built this build in the first place. On to my specs..

Cooler Master RC-692-KKN2 ATX Mid Tower Case

ASUS Socket P6X58D-E

Intel i7 930 2.80ghz
    Corsair xms3 DDR3 PC3-10700 - 3x2Gb + 3x4gb sticks = 18gb
    Corsair Force GS SSD 60gb
    Western Digital Velociraptor 150gb hd - x2
    Western Digital Blue 320gb
    Some sh*tty dvd burner i had laying around
    Western Digital My Book 1tb - x2
    Western Digital Elements 2tb (my externals are the reason my internal drives are small. i dont ever save anything on my internals)
    Really old Creative Sound Blaster SB0270 external sound card (connects my turntables to my computer so i can record)
    Radeon HD 5850 - x2
    3 Acer a22hqv 22 inch monitors
    1 Visio 47inch tv

Windows 7 enterprise
    Windows 8 Pro with media center and office 2013 activated (BIG THANKS TO KMSNANO 8)
    Mountain Lion 10.8.2 with Chameleon 2.0 bootloader
    -Unibeast
    -Multibeast
    A whole lotta packs of Newport 100s and Hennessy and my eBulldog to keep my feet warm

so what i did first was try to install mountain lion as i wanted that OS to be my main one. what i wanted to try to do originally was install all 3 os's on 2 hard drives and use the other two as internal storage. but as i state in earlier, ive had bad experiences with internal storage (bad experience circa 1999) so i use externals for all my data. but to save myself from all the trouble of trying to boot w7 and w8 from 1 hd while booting ML from another one i just decided to put all three on their own drives. BELIEVE ME ITS SO MUCH EASIER. after about 2-3 months of research, i was finally able to install ML. windows 7 was next and that was cake since ive been a w7 user ever since before its official release. since windows 8 was about to come out and i had a copy (enterprise -n i believe is what i had at first) i decided to install that...but after another 2-3 months of just reading and reading and reading here on MDL (SEARCH BUTTON IS GOLDEN BY THE WAY. i see a lot of folks posting doubles of questions already answered and i get all mad. haha..just like some of you do), i finally was able to do windows 8 pro media activated. and just this morning i installed office 2013 activated with KMSNANO 8 (pretty excited about that by the way). i went back to my Hackintosh install and decided messing around with that trying to finalize everything. the issues i had the most was trying to install the correct kexts and getting everything to boot and run the way i wanted. i still cant get imessage and facetime (which is important cause we skype with fam in the Philippines a lot) which is a common problem with hackintosh ML users. but i didnt have any ethernet and audio issues like a lot of ML users run into as well. with my hackintosh install, most of everything is working perfectly except that i cant have catalyst control center (cause there isnt a mac version) and a proper driver for my creative sound blaster sb0270 mp3+ (its old and there isnt a mac driver for that either. BUT IF ANYONE CAN SUGGEST A GOOD ALTERNATIVE that be koo).

as of right now everything is running nice and smooth. if anyone is interested i can try to post my Multibeast screen shots (when i figure out how to do that) so you can see what kexts and other options ive used and provide you with other outside kexts ive found as well. my advice for folks trying to do the same is windows 8 isnt THAT bad. after all the custom programs (found by reading this site) im using and programs i already have, there really isnt a use for me to have windows 7 anymore (gonna start researching on linux stuff. never used it before. if someone can point me in the right direction that be koo)...i barely even use it now. with ML there are sites (which google will help you find) that will help you with a lot of stuff. since a lot of my components are kinda old i dont even know if anyone would have any use for the info that ive gathered. haha...

sorry for the long a** post...but heres a picture of my setup..sorry for the mess..and yeah i know..xmas lights..hahaha
    425456_4439735146133_66234324_n.jpg

12. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    Creative Audigy 2 with kxaudio kext should work

13. mark1979

mark1979 MDL Novice

Sep 18, 2012
    well the reason why ive chosen to stick with the external usb sound card i have for these many years is that its always been reliable as far as recording goes and connection goes. but since ive upgraded all my software and most of my components in my rig i feel its time to upgrade this as well. but im still looking for an external usb drive that can be supported with drivers in mountain lion. any suggestions?...

14. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    look for 10.8 HCL

15. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    #95 trungpt, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  16. quinquilin1

quinquilin1 MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2012
    Yes, acutually have a GA-58A-UD7 GTX470 24 gb ram running ML onto a SSD Corsair 120gb and work better than M$ :eek: :eek::eek: :eek: ....... and on my work mount it on a GB Z68Xp-UD3-issd onto 320gb hd, GB HD-5850 nad 16gb ram via tonymac install retail method :innocent: :innocent::innocent:

17. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    And even better on Z77 Gigabyte board!

18. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    I tried Hackintosh Mountain Lion from Niresh but does not work;the installer does not see my HDD...o_O

19. anarchist9027

anarchist9027 MDL Expert

Oct 30, 2010
    Last time I tried hackintosh was back With Mac OS 10.5 and i believe it was Kalyway build and it worked perfect with my Dell Inspiron E1405 back in the day :yeah:

20. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011