Anybody tried hackintosh??

Discussion in 'macOS' started by rupsd, Jul 4, 2010.

1. weince_91

weince_91 MDL Novice

Dec 3, 2011
    its just a waste of time even if you are lucky and you install it successfully. but right after that maybe you dont have internet connectivity connectivity and even some how you got this you wil have some other problems.So, if you still want to try Hackintosh good luck bro

2. ndoggfromhell

ndoggfromhell MDL Junior Member

Apr 3, 2013
    It's really all about finding the hardware that works the best with the emulators that make OSX see the hardware as genuine macintosh. 3 years ago when this thread started... you really only had a handful of "golden builds" that worked out of the box. Anytime you ran software update you would probably have to run a bunch of fixes. Today however, there are a lot more "golden builds" and as long as you do a little research before you spend money... you'll get a working hackintosh. I've had 3 revisions of hackintosh and they were all stable. Infact, i've always sold my prior setup to someone else and the prior 2 are both still in use today. I'll post my current setup which has been 100% stable without any issue for over a year now. All software updates done.

Motherboard: Gigabyte P67A-UD3-B3
    Memory: Kingston Hyper-X (4) 8Gb DDR3-10700
    Processor: Intel Xeon E3-1220
    HD1: Kingston Hyper-X 120Gb SSD
    HD2: WD 1Tb Black
    HD3: WD 1Tb Black
    Graphics: AMD HD6870 1Gb
    Monitors: (2) HP LA2405x 1920X1200

OSX Lion 10.7.5 but will also run Mountain Lion (I need to use lion for an older piece of software that doesn't like Mountain Lion)

System is dual boot with Windows 8 too... but I very rarely need to go into Windows on this box.

3. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    yep i agree.. gigabyte intel cpu boards are very mac friendly... most

4. STLVNUB

STLVNUB MDL Novice

Mar 21, 2009
    Of course, the boot loader makes all the difference to.
    That was very Clover of me.
    Hope it Grows on you too.

5. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    #105 LatinMcG, Apr 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2013
    ill decode the puns for non hackitosh users..

clover is a new bootloader with very cool features like autopatch dsdt.
    but to make clover work most users need clover grower to configure it.

and dont forget if u have powermanagement issues then u neeed the PMPatch tool from CodeRush.. then flash bios.. no more kernel panic!.

6. Mandy

Mandy MDL Member

Oct 15, 2010
    This is absolutely true you need the right hardware and best if it works out of the box don't forget Power CPU and Rich Graphic Cards

Also clean installation media not necessarily direct download from Apple store. I have had couple of Dell Latitudes and Optiplex also Hp pavilion.

Stating from Snow Leopard currently I am lucky to be using a stable dual boot Windows 8 and Mountain Lion 10.8.4

7. ussr_1991

ussr_1991 MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2008
    Years ago, I tried on Fujitsu S7211 laptop but the loading of graphic card (Intel integrated) took way too long to be of any production use.

That was when 10.5 era...... Moving on, I don't expect this S7211 to work in 10.9 anyway.....

Hackintosh is really a hit and miss stuffs.

8. LatinMcG

LatinMcG Bios Borker

Feb 27, 2011
    10.7 might work in i386 mode or 10.6

9. NikJosuf

NikJosuf MDL Novice

Feb 23, 2011
    I have tried it many times, and failed almost consistently.
    Maybe it is better to build a compatible. There are just too much things to consider regarding installing OSX on a random PC.
    See the 'Building a Hackintosh' - link below.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  10. Amerco

Amerco MDL Novice

Jun 11, 2013
    The best way to test it, is to download the Original OSX Software, download a OSX to USB Programm and start it. When its finished just install bootloader like chameleon and insert kexts in Extensions in the Bootloader that you need for your hardware. After that Boot into it and install. The 1st and 2nd steps need osx installed somewhere 2nd notebook or something.

Hackintosh works great, Be AWARE OF OPTIMUS Technologie by Nvidia, it doesnt work in osx

11. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    Building a hackintosh and make it fully working is 97% modd and 3% good luck...;)

12. gendo6

gendo6 MDL Novice

Apr 3, 2013
    Yes, and I'm happy by use hackintosh, the mine works at 100% graphics, audio, internet, etc. :)

13. ismethere

ismethere MDL Senior Member

Apr 7, 2014
    If you don't mind please, show me your Desktop screenshot, for my consideration
    Thanks in advance.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  14. gendo6

gendo6 MDL Novice

Apr 3, 2013
    image01.jpg

Here the screenshot, sorry by answer so late, but I didn't time to enter. Here safari with MDL [proof connection to internet working], dvd player open. I tried put it playing a DVD but only appear a gray box where should stay the image (using grap). And finally the toolbar (above) is green [meaning that QE/QL working actually].
    And to mouse and keyboard I use microsoft's brand explorer touch and keyboard model digital media pro [an old model because I didn't found ergonomic other].
    I hope answered your dudes. :)

15. RevengeOfShadow

RevengeOfShadow MDL Novice

Aug 7, 2012
    Same for me, everything works fine.

Core 2 Quad works fine in Asus P5KPL Mobo, GTX 770 doesn't need drivers. Voodoo HDA kexts for audio, Voodoo PS/2 kext for my (old) keyboard. Ethernet was harder to get working, but I've finally got it with old kexts for Snow Leopard who worked in 10.9 just fine.

WiFi need a little mod in native drivers, for my DWA-547 WiFi PCI Card, which is now recognized as AirPort Extreme.

So, yes, a fully working hackintosh is not easy, but possible.

16. software182

software182 MDL Junior Member

Nov 8, 2012
    The last time i tried install hackintosh on my PC, it didn't work & broke my pc lol o_O

17. free1975yuly

free1975yuly MDL Expert

Aug 24, 2011
    That because only few specs are supported and even your laptop/pc is fully supported(like mine) is hard to build a 100% working machine.:macwheel:

18. GarryH_Geek

GarryH_Geek MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2013
    I think any failures with Hackintosh are appearing due to hardware inconsistencies, so when my neighbours are trying to build a Hack', they just copy a list of hardware from appropriate brand machines (except processors).

19. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    #119 tnx, Jul 28, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
    I keep messing about with this but end up leaving it.
    Just last night I got ML installed and the latest version of Mavericks downloaded. Going to make a usb installer and see if I can get Mavericks up and running but not sure if my Sandybridge i3 2120 is compatable. Only one way to find out.

Dont know why but I find it fun getting MAC OS X running on my PC, Sabertooth Z77 mobo.

edit- update

Installed ML... Downloaded Mavericks 10.9.4 direct from the Apple App Store. Used the old Unibeast and Multibeast tools and voila..Here I am using my MAC, well Hackintosh..

20. software182

software182 MDL Junior Member

Nov 8, 2012
    Yeah, but i'm still curious to try hackintosh :p