Anybody with Technet account here - I need some help.

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by myhken, Apr 9, 2010.

1. myhken

myhken Experienced MDL Tester

Feb 28, 2010
    Hello.

Since MS has blocked my closed MSDN account licenses, I'm thinking about buying a Technet account.
    But the price in Norway with the best coupon I can find (20% off), is $388 (2.311 NOK) for a year of Direct download.
    With a coupon for the US Technet, I can get a price of $261 for a year of Direct Download. But then I need an address i the US.

Do MS send out any information by snail mail? Or can I use a fake address, or my address for a shipping company with a postal service?

Just because Norway is a rich country I'm not willing to pay over $120/year more for the same thing. I'm not rich at all.

So can I order by the US site, or do I have to use my own postal address here in Norway?

2. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    But did you use your French postal address, or a "fake" one in the US?
    and do they ever send any snail mails at all, or do I get everything I need on e-mail?

3. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    Ok, that's not working when I try to order from the US site. I can not change country from US there. Anybody that has a international Technet promo code? I had on before I formated my computer, and now it's gone. And every code I find on google, is only working for the US site.

4. myhken

Feb 28, 2010
    I have no problem with the IP, but I need a postal address in the US to signup. It says that they will send something in the mail, but if I get all my login info etc in my e-mail, I can use a fake US address to signup. Still, som bit risky since I'm paying with real money here. I do not want my account closed because they tried to send something to a fake postal address.