Anyone activated Windows 7 on NC10

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TonyUK, Aug 31, 2009.

1. HotCarl

HotCarl MDL Addicted

Jul 21, 2009
    #21 HotCarl, Sep 3, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Are you sure you installed a HP certificate to go with your HP SLIC? Just because you use hazar's tool to install the HP OEM information does not mean that it installed the correct certificate...

I only ask because you need 3 things for activation. SLIC 2.1, a corresponding Certificate, and an OEM SLP key (key does not have to match; e.g. it does not have to be a HP SLP key).
    Since you have a modded BIOS with a valid HP SLIC 2.1 (as per your comments) the only thing that can now make activation fail is that you either a) used an invalid SLP key, or b) have the wrong certificate installed.

If I were you, I would download a HP certificate and reinstall it via the command console (run it as administrator) to ensure that you have the proper cert.

For your convenience, I have attached the HP certificate...

After you download it, extract the HP.xrm-ms file to the root of your C drive (or whatever drive is your Win7 drive). Next click the Start button, then in the Run/Search bar, type "cmd" (with no quotes). When "CMD.exe" appears above as a result, right-click on it and select "Run as Administrator". A console window will open. In this window, type the following (and press the Enter key after):
    Code:
    slmgr -ilc C:\HP.xrm-ms

*NOTE: If your Win7 drive is not "C", replace the "C" (in C:\) with your Win7 drive letter (the drive where you copied the HP.xrm-ms file to earlier)...

Wait a little bit, and a window should pop up letting you know that the certificate has been installed. If you get an error, ensure that the HP.xrm-ms file is in the root of your windows drive, and that the "slmgr" command that you typed reflects the correct location of the HP.xrm-ms file...

Attached Files:

• HP.rar
      File size:
      1.5 KB
      Views:
  2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  3. d3l1

d3l1 MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    So it's not possible to activate windows 7 on a nc10 with the loader only? or is the bios mode optional and the loaders work just fine?

4. Mooby

Mooby MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    It is, I activated mine using Hazar's first loader. Still working at the moment!

5. d3l1

d3l1 MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    Yep can confirm that, installed today, used Daz's loader, and it activated just fine.

6. a-st

a-st MDL Novice

Oct 10, 2009
    Sorry

Sorry, but I can't confirm that, installed today and also used Daz's loader (Windows 7 Loader v1.6.9), and it didn't activate anything. =(

It tells me that my Windows 7 [Version 6.1.7600] is not activated and "Untouched" :(

------------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 10/10/2009, 15:31:33
    Machine name: NC10
    Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
    Language: German (Regional Setting: German)
    System Manufacturer: SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.
    System Model: NC10
    BIOS: Phoenix SecureCore(tm) NB Version 11CA.M015.20090908.RHU
    Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N270 @ 1.60GHz (2 CPUs), ~1.6GHz
    Memory: 1024MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 1014MB RAM
    Page File: 775MB used, 1262MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

Maybe someone can help me ;)

Thanks a lot
    a-st

Attached Files:

7. d3l1

d3l1 MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2009
    I used hazar's loader 1.6 and everything is fine. until I installed AVG which crashed my whole system and it took like 5 minutes to boot and even then the system was quite unresponsive.

8. a-st

a-st MDL Novice

Oct 10, 2009
    So now I got it working ;)

I used the newest BIOS (11CA) and the SAMSUNG certificate.

Thx anyway ;)
    a-st

9. vizkoze

vizkoze MDL Novice

Sep 6, 2009
    Hi a-st,
    can you explain how you did it? what loader you used?
    I keep on getting problems on my NC10 with the "evil" 11CA bios
    Tnx
    Viz

10. ericchak

ericchak MDL Junior Member

Sep 3, 2009
    You are no need to use loader anymore, the original 11CA bios from Samsung alredy included the Samsung SLIC2.1 on it, flahs this bios then install the Samsung Cert. and Samsung key - Done.

11. levonisyas

levonisyas MDL Novice

Nov 4, 2008
    U are right. From samsung webpage download the new bios update. then everything will be ok. slic 2.0 changes to slic 2.1 and samsung cert works fine