Anyone know where I can find all the drivers for an HP pavilion dv2500?

Discussion in 'Windows XP / Older OS' started by Red Squirrel, May 8, 2010.

1. Red Squirrel

Red Squirrel MDL Junior Member

May 6, 2010
    I'm ready to pull my hair out. I always get dragged into fixing people's computers. This one has vista on it, which was the first indication this was going to be a huge grenade, the second indication was the fact that it's an HP.

So I did the right thing and deleted Vista and put XP. There is no less then 20 yellow exclamation marks in device manager, nothing works, this is just brutal. Not a single driver that I did find, actually works. The HP site only has the network driver, which does not work.

Anyone happen to be familiar with this model and knows where I can find all those drivers? This is going to be brutal...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sebus

sebus MDL Guru

Jul 23, 2008
    NO, it is going to be just time consuming as you have to find the drivers by Hardware ID

And you should have checked what hardware there is, BEFORE you deleted Vista (checking in Vista device manager), but that you will know next time...

sebus

3. 911medic

911medic MDL Guru

Aug 13, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
  5. Red Squirrel

Red Squirrel MDL Junior Member

May 6, 2010