Anyone knows bios recovery of compaq presario cq20-320tu or HP elitebook 6930p

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by digital_gw, Jul 20, 2010.

1. digital_gw

digital_gw MDL Novice

Jul 1, 2010
    im desperating to safe my compaq presario cq20-320tu BIOS. Blank display, just the dvd rom LED keep blinking(looks like asking for dvd disc but if i put any dvd in it nothing happen). No beep sound, just lousy dvd rom. I had tried contacting HP support already but they give none information. The method i tried as below :
    1. I format a usb flash disk with FAT, also tried with FAT32 too.
    2. download sp45717.exe, extract and copy rom.bin to usb flash disk. I also tried with older version of bios.
    3. press windows button + B
    4. Plug in the power.
    5. Now the caps lock led blinking also it read from the usb flash disk, but no sound just silent. I waited for hours and tried many times but that was as far as i could go. It'll result the same if i burn the "bin" files into dvd. Not yet tried with floppy since i don't have one. I also tried renaming bin files with 68phu.bin. I wonder if it searched the correct file name too, since the usb flash disk not blinking for long as like copying 1MB file to BIOS ROM. Once along time ago, on a successful updated bios, i ever backed up the bios to usb flash disk when it requested, and the file name looked like in Hexadesimal. But unlucky i didn't keep this file. I flashed my bios without any backup this time. It said success updating bios and ask for restart. So i restarted and got this disaster.

I've ever seen bios of HP elitebook 6930p, and its bios appearance is the same like mine. So i wonder anyone with the same type of my notebook or HP elitebook 6930p got his/her backup file when updating bios. Please tell me, if you have the file or at least the file name. thank you.:)

2. mid.knight

mid.knight MDL Novice

Apr 20, 2011
    hi! i also have the same problem with my Compaq Presario CQ20. Is there a way to fix this?