Anyone leave Windows 10?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by GOD666, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Tiger-1

Tiger-1 MDL Guru

Oct 18, 2014
    ^^
    only thing that I like of Apple was extreme inteligence of Steve Jobs :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. SeanOsorioLee

SeanOsorioLee MDL Novice

Sep 19, 2016
    i loved Windows 7.
    it was the best OS Microsoft came out with.
    it gave the end-user the most control.
    it was lite, fast, and extremely customizable.
    i do miss it.

3. RobertJ

RobertJ MDL Senior Member

Apr 4, 2014
    Having been around long enough and since my memory is not impaired or selective like some people I know, comments like this bring a smile to my face. Why? Because XP fans said the exact same things when faced with Vista or 7 (just check on Wikipedia the list of features lost in these OSes, especially in Explorer), and so did Win98SE fans when faced with XP (which looked like some dumb kid designed it based on his Fisher-Price toy, and was crap before SP2 at least).

4. Feniksrising

Feniksrising MDL Member

Nov 27, 2016
    Windows 10 is much the same though. I've got Enterprise LTSB installed on a 10 year old laptop and it works fine. I do not see anything that win7 had that I cannot do in win10.

5. maddogster

maddogster MDL Senior Member

Mar 23, 2015
    yeah xp and windows 7 were awesome when rtm and then service packs and patches upon patches over the years killed it and made it cumbersome so i like where win 10/server 2016 going but not yet fully there with 6 months new or upgrade builds which almost refresh them

hopefully they will eventually make things like us IT pro's really want and do them in a way like portable apps ( each app and OS feature add in ) where they don't affect OS/third party apps but microsoft then loses out to third party which is not what any company like google/facebook/apple really want as they make money using their own completely owned ecosphere :) :(

now the real answer is when is windows 11 or 12 coming out as we already bored with 10 :)

6. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    #226 PhaseDoubt, Mar 26, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    I like lite and fast too! I miss the days of that clean pallet (totally blank screen with a blinking cursor just waiting for you to command it) and programs such as Visicalc and dBase III+ which were completely command driven; your computer was as fast as you could type ... sort of. No using a silly mouse to slow things down and no buggy icons and other silly GUI parasitic elements. And no constant updates and other pushed changes to deal with since there was no internet to threaten you and constantly bombard you with unwanted information. No complex activation protocols ... you just installed and operated; what you "bought" was what you had to work with. Life was so simple and straightforward then. I do miss it.