Anyone leave Windows 10?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by GOD666, Dec 18, 2016.

1. xanadu73

xanadu73 MDL Novice

Oct 6, 2013
    The thing I don't like about Windows 10 is that they keep releasing new ISO's instead of releasing a final version. I suspect they are experimenting on users and therefore collect feedback for releasing an entirely new Windows. Believe me, downloading Windows and installing it is nothing. But making your personal settings and installing the other software you're planning to use (and also adjusting them to your needs) take a huge of time.

2. iFlaX

iFlaX MDL Senior Member

Apr 10, 2015
    There will never be a final version of Windows 10, it will only get the usual updates an Windows OS gets and then every 6 month or so there will be a new big update. You don't have to install the new builds with an ISO, you could just do upgrades.

3. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    That's interesting. One reason wife and I moved to Macs as primary computers was their similarity to Linux.

At this point, my basic reaction to Windows 10 is ... meh. It's just another aggravating OS with its own set of quirks. Every OS I've ever installed was aggravation in its own special little way.

4. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011

I think Microsoft calls that a feature. They stated at one time 10 would be their last OS and in the not-too-distant-future it would be called simply "Windows". Their whole reasoning appeared to be continual morphing over time.

5. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Just last night I restored a Windows 10 System Image (created by Windows 10) for the very first time. It worked flawlessly. I got in the habit years ago of always having a recovery strategy ... or three. Windows 10 does have recovery options, but you have to do the upfront work necessary to have them available. Admittedly, there have been situations where I had to reinstall the OS, but they have been rare.

6. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    It just wasn't that bad for me

7. MELERIX

MELERIX MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2011
    this is normal and is due Windows development is now in rolling release mode, similar to Linux.

8. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    I wish Microsoft took 1 page from Linux and embraced BitTorrent for their ISO downloads. I can download 1 torrent in 20 minutes but it takes hours to direct download.

9. dogthing

dogthing MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2016
    windows 10 is the 2nd windows me is first biggest peace of poop in da world

10. dogthing

dogthing MDL Novice

Dec 29, 2016
    i had tons of bluescreens with windows 10

11. markokk888

markokk888 MDL Senior Member

Aug 13, 2012
    admins should pin two posts one for haters and another for fans.

12. dhjohns

dhjohns MDL Guru

Sep 5, 2013
    LOL, there are plenty of OSes out there. I if you don't like Windows don't use it. We won't miss you! :D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  13. T-S

T-S MDL Guru

Dec 14, 2012

We? :g:

Are you a MS sahareholder? :D

14. xman charl

xman charl MDL Junior Member

Nov 21, 2014
    New windows version XXXX
    Will contain windows 7.1 as an added feature.

Charl

15. atgpud2003

atgpud2003 MDL Addicted

Apr 30, 2015
    First of all I am still currently using Windows 7 since, But I have 1 Windows 10 on my laptop just to play and use these new curves and learn what 2 different looks from Windows 7 and Windows 10. But Windows 8.xx or 8.1 is really SUCKS! So, Now my Windows Server 2003 is no use because Windows Updates ended life support update, now I moved to Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise and still good til 2023 or 2024? SO, I am on right tracks because I am not thrill newer Windows Server yet until looks right..

Anyway, Stay Windows 7 for little longer til 2020!!! Plenty of times.. SO, I am get into Windows 10 see how goes to last? So... Just have learn trick and trades to how Windows 10 doing good? Who knows??

ATGPUD2003

16. Espionage724

Espionage724 MDL Expert

Nov 7, 2009
    My main gripes with Windows as a whole are driver updates, and the various methods needed to remove unnecessary crap.

On Linux, if I want to remove something, I simply use the package manager to get rid of it. No issue (as long as it isn't a dependency of something important or just required; obviously I can't remove the kernel and expect to reboot :p, meanwhile, if I don't want a camera app, I can remove that easily and not have half the OS crumble and fail integrity checks).

On Windows, let's take Search for example. There's a Windows service, there's SearchClient that's visible from DISM by-default, and then there's Cortana, some Indexing packages, Search2, and something else as hidden packages that have to be removed via 3rd-party means. I don't need indexing nor Search running in the background nor is it critical for core OS functionality, but meanwhile, there's no official method for getting rid of it. And in my use-case, there's a few-hundred other packages hidden on the system like this as well (existing; not necessarily running). Removing them without any official documentation is like playing Russian roulette; you might be able to reboot back to a desktop successfully :p But in the end, I got rid of about 500 or so packages and still had a mostly-working OS.

Can't even trust Windows 10 to handle drivers either. My laptop comes with a wireless card driver out-the-box, but naturally it's old. WU Catalog has the newest driver. The manufafture has a slightly older driver. Acer tells me to grab the latest driver from WU, but WU (the desktop client) doesn't bother updating the wireless card driver at all. I can manually download the latest driver and install it no problem, but yikes. And this inconsistent mess goes on for more than the wireless driver.

Then there's the fun with forced automatic updates installing crap drivers on-top of whatever might be installed. I had the latest NVIDIA GPU driver installed recently (340 branch; the latest one from NV that fixed some security issue), stripped of telemetry and no unnecessary packages (no 3DVision, PhysX, GeForce Experience, HD audio drivers, etc), along with a custom monitor resolution. All was well. Then bam, one day, WU decides to download the same driver version, install it on-top of my current driver, wipe out my custom monitor resolution, and install ALL the unnecessary packages, along with full NVIDIA telemetry. My only recourse to prevent this? I have to resort to using registry keys (and not GPE because Home users don't deserve that) to block driver updates on specific hardware, and then somehow trust that Windows will respect those keys, and not take a forced update to invalidate those keys later on. :mad:

Most of the shortcomings of Windows 10 can be worked-around I guess, or just dealt with if you don't care, but how any knowledgeable person can actually "like" Windows 10 is beyond me.

Meh, can't say I really have a choice on some of the computers I maintain currently. Windows works (after hitting it with a wrench, a lot), but I definitely don't like it.

17. NM156

NM156 MDL Novice

Jun 10, 2016
    Triggered...

Yeah that's the kind of a jagazz ignorant statement one could expect from you.
    How nice of you to go tell someone to GF themselves if they don't like it. As if your opinions hold any more weight.
    It's apparent you are a fan of Win 10 down the throat until completion, but hey, maybe some of us don't swallow. And isn't this the age of tolerance or something like that? If i have to tolerate your swill while looking for useful information on this site, fine. But if you are going to tell someone to GF themselves and don't let the door hit them in the arse, ( even though you took that liberty without even fully understanding his statement which was actually quite neutral ) i got something for you. I may be a 2 post newb, but i been reading this forum for 10 years and while i am sick of seeing your BS ignorant crap posts littering an otherwise intelligent forum and have ignored it. That one deserves a response.

Hiya.

For the most part we have 2 choices. Crapple or Microcrap. The rest is not primetime. You can toy around with Linux all you want, but it's not going to do the job for a majority of programs and such that people who want to get stuff done and don't have the time or wherewithal to rewrite an OS to facilitate their needs and run the programs they want to use ect. As such i could care less about Linux at this juncture on my PC. I would hope it matures for desktop, i'm glad it exists, but it's not worth my time right now. I'm stuck with M$, somewhat by our current reality and somewhat by choice. Choice is Apple i detest even more. It's doubtful i will ever use an Apple product of my free will, though it actually crossed my mind once i saw Win 10.

However as long as Windowz can be stripped to the nuts, it's really the only viable option for the things i do. And since it is almost a necessity in life, it's entirely valid to have a strong opinion about it. Like you seemingly do. Even though i think most of what you say is basically crap and i'm not even sure why you are in this forum as you come off as a troll most of the time. You don't seem like a bad person, just an ignoramus in the wrong place saying the wrong things around the wrong people,.. seeing as this forum is about 90% of people trying to change something they don't like about Windowz and or are not the type of people that just eat what's slid in front of them. It is your right to eat a buffet of sausage, but why ya gotta squirt the grease on everyone else?

I even uphold your right to say it. It's an opinion. And we all know about those, Fine. However markokk888 posted his opinion and you told him to basically shove off and die. Therefore i would like to return that favor. My warm spray. A gift to you.

Perhaps you might start with trying to grasp the fact that other people have different needs, and because their needs or hopes about something they for all purpose of discussion have to use on a daily basis isn't jiving with what they want, need, or even require, they perhaps have a tiny little right to be annoyed about it, certainly at least as much a you have the right to praise it.

M$ has certainly made it a point to be in every nook and cranny of every persons life on the planet. Somehow, some way, you are likely going to be using Windowz. Some of us every day for hours on end. And for some of us it's basically like eating food and or taking a crap, it's just part of life. So it is entirely valid to have an opinion about it's flavor and or the direction it is heading. Yes even if you think a marketing platform designed for the consumer sheep masses thinly disguised as a "modern OS" it's peachy keen, others actually don't. You like Pineapple on your Pizza with Twinkie Sprinkles, and others don't. Ergo, in my humble 20 some years of using Windows opinion. Win 10 sucks fat balls. And in fact XP sucked fat Balls for that matter, stock. Vista was a steamy pile of crap i avoided altogether... Win 8 is certainly a troll on humanity and 10 is a perfect shart storm of all the above...stock. Absolutely terrible.

It's literal only saving grace "to me" is that there are people who feel like i do, who are entirely more talented at hacking the crap out of it and are out there doing it that it is indeed still possible to turn it into a half respectable OS for running the programs i need to run and storing the files i need to store without any extra crap i don't give the slightest F about and likely never will. If i want a tablet i'll buy a tablet. But i really don't like them actually, so i certainly don't want my PC resembling one.

So when linux can do everything i need and take less time than hacking Windowz to hell, then i'll jump ship naked laughing all the way with joy. For now it's this ship and i'll grumble about it and hi five those that feel the same way. But i'm not out trying to ruin your parade or say you got to hate it too, or tell you to like it or tell you to shove off if you don't. Even though i do in fact think it. I liken Win 10 in general to like the Kardashians. Some garbage like that. Plastic crap fake commercial sheeple magazine garbage. But you know, tolerance and all. Tomatoe Tomoto. Still perhaps you should think about inhabiting a Win 10 slurp party forum where everything you say is great instead of idiotic. Just thin of it. You could be a god! "LOL" Just sayin.
    :tea:

18. wazzock

wazzock MDL Senior Member

Oct 22, 2016
    any windows version sucks monkey balls outta the box. once i strip the tits out of it, then its fine :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  19. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    So many words on this topic Eveybody has the right to his own opinion and hey if I did not spent a lot of money on MS I would bail out too and switch over to linux but I realy like my stripped pimped windows 10 OS :D

20. wazzock

wazzock MDL Senior Member

Oct 22, 2016
    as long as its stable, im happy :)