Anyone Noticed Desktop Icons Not Responsive on Win 8.1 Update 1

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by acyuta, Apr 5, 2014.

1. taviruni

taviruni MDL Senior Member

May 8, 2010
    Please explain steps to do it, I don't use one drive and I would like to remove it too.
    Have you installed your resulting Wim file?

2. my2cents

my2cents Guest

So I just read through most of the responses and there have been many good suggestions. Now, I am personally aware of one person that had a very similar issue and he was also running a Samsung 840 EVO (like you) and he had the Samsung Magician Software set to use the Rapid Drive configuration which requires a Ram Disk to be either loaded or recreated on every boot. He finally fixed his specific issue by doing a clean install and, this time, he chose NOT to use the Magician Software. For the record, I also use an 840 EVO (without the Magician) and I do not have that specific issue. Please understand that I am only providing this information as "food for thought." Good luck and I hope you get your issue resolved.

my2cents

3. sukinsin88

sukinsin88 MDL Addicted

Oct 17, 2012
    #63 sukinsin88, Apr 30, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
    so on my install wim is remove this stupid from ms :eek: defender, firewall, hyper V, onedrive, wmc, uac, Anytime Upgrade,allmetro,cursors,wallpapers,screensavers,keyboards,(english,slovak,czech,german,russian is ok ), fonts, windows mail, windows contacts, windows easy transfer, Remote Differential Compression API, Natural Languages system restore

tweak hibernation off, Improve Shutdown Speed Improve Windows Shell Response Boot directly to Desktop

p.m. i send link to download

4. coleoptere2007

coleoptere2007 MDL Guru

Apr 8, 2008
    Link to homebrew versions are not allowed here. Please deleted the link. Thx

5. sukinsin88

sukinsin88 MDL Addicted

Oct 17, 2012
  6. biff2013

biff2013 MDL Novice

Oct 17, 2013
    i have a HP 650 laptop with windows 8 x64 pro after installing 8.1 it runs very slow and does not respond quickly, icons are not responsive either.. lets hope its sorted out soon :(

7. pbassjunk

pbassjunk MDL Novice

Apr 20, 2009
    I've had it happen a few times.. afaict always after running a full screen app (notice it the most after WoW) but it's never consistent enough to really track it. Reboot takes care of it.

8. alfaclvi

alfaclvi MDL Novice

May 20, 2014
    To acyuta
    Temporary solution for those that use only Local account and not Microsoft:
    Just rename C:\Users\X....X\SkyDrive to SkyDrive_1 or whatever. X....X is your local account name.
    Use dos Command Prompt to do so.
    In the command prompt window, type the command below and press Enter:
    REN C:\Users\<Username>\SkyDrive SkyDrive_1

If you always use Microsoft Account you don't need to do so because you don't have this issue. If you must login again your Microsoft account for example if downloading a game problem will re-appear.
    Microsoft is working around issue. Someone said so. Not officially Microsoft.