Anyway to monitor which program delete EZ activator?

Discussion in 'Microsoft Office' started by annieannie, Jan 8, 2011.

1. annieannie

annieannie MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2009
    Each time when I click ez activator, it says fail to launch autoKMS.exe under windows folder. I can see there is an autoKMS.ini under windows folder but no exe file.

I assume the file was deleted by some anti-virus software. But I already uninstalled Norton 360, disabled Antivir and immunet. Does windows have windows defender somewhere to delete the file?

Is there a software that I can monitor which program deleted the autoKMS.exe?

thanks,

2. thethingy

thethingy MDL Senior Member

Sep 7, 2010
    are you running it as admin?, windows defender may well disable it but you should have defender disabled anyway as it is pointless, Microsoft security essentials disables it also, if you have win 7 then use action centre to see what security apps you have active.

3. annieannie

annieannie MDL Novice

Sep 25, 2009
    yeah, I tried running it as admin. still not working. I can't see windows defender from action center. Currently the action center shows I have three antivirus software: Norton 360, Antivir and immunet.
    But when I tried to install, I uninstalled Norton 360 and disabled antivir and immunet. I think Norton 360 might enable windows defender when it was uninstalled.
    I found a software called process monitor. I'll try that to see whether it can catch any software deleted kms.

4. crazy67988

crazy67988 MDL Novice

Feb 5, 2011
    Great tip, also worked for me.