[App] O&O ShutUp10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by nexus76, Aug 18, 2015.

1. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

This is not true. VPNs encrypt the data, yes, but your ISP can still "fingerprint" your traffic. Web browsing or streaming Netflix has a very, very different signature and behavior pattern than the Bittorrent protocol.
    So while your ISP cannot see WHAT you are torrenting, if they have DPI hardware installed (most large ISPs do) they can most definitely tell at a high-level what you're doing - Netflix, Bittorrent, etc.
    Think of it like this - if you wrap a bicycle and mail it to someone, the post office knows it's a bicycle. They don't know what brand it is and they can't see the serial number to determine if it's stolen, but they know you're sending a bike from your house to the destination address.
    This is why OpenVPN obsfucation can bypass the Great Firewall of China, it makes the traffic look random so it doesn't match the fingerprint patterns DPI hardware looks for. It would be like breaking the bike up into individual parts, then puting each part into a nondescript box, then wrapping and mailing those parts at random intervals.

Plus the NSA or any National Defence and Security of any Country have tools that can reverse any encryption in 2 to 3 seconds and "Bob Is Really Your Uncle"

There, you /all go with all your VPN crap you can run but not hide...

2. shanye

shanye MDL Junior Member

Jun 6, 2015
    Sorry - this makes zero sense. How is taking the telemetry out of Windows 10 anything like removing the engine from a car?

3. Yasser Da Silva

Yasser Da Silva MDL Senior Member

Mar 15, 2015
    it makes a lot of sense ...
    when you install Windows 10 and stop builds and updates and Cortana and other stuff
    what do you have left ..... Win 8.1

4. shanye

shanye MDL Junior Member

Jun 6, 2015
    And Windows 8.1 (to use the car analogy) is not a car? How does that work?

Fact is, Windows 10 seems to work quite happily without the telemetry. It updates fine, it does everything that my Windows 7 install did (but faster). The idea that getting rid of telemetry breaks Windows 10 in any significant way is simply not true.

5. yro

yro MDL Addicted

Jul 26, 2009
    well, in my case, after doing some tricks by disabling automatic updates and some telemetry sh$ts I end up with a windows 10 without some options. They just disapear, like the customize button on the launch bar or the edit option from start panel.

actualy im back on win 7, waiting for some update that brings back the possibility of managing windows update and a better way of "rolling back" "only" the start menu (this is not possible). If they dont publish these updates well.. win 7 will rock for years until i go for linux for good..

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    So you prefer to get spied on :eek: apparently commonsense is not very common for certain people on these forums !

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. dntt

dntt MDL Novice

Jul 26, 2009
    haha...how many typos can you find in this program (version 1.0.1341)? German Engrish:

Deaktivating is not recommended!

^description for "Disable automatic Windows Updates" option. :31:

8. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Here's a tip from a friend of mine. Maybe it'll help other Windows tablet owners.

Under location services you'll find "Disable sensors for locating the system" The description reads:
    That's not all it does though. If you own a Windows tablet then it'll break rotation support and the keyboard will no longer be displayed automatically when you press on a text field for some applications e.g. Google Chrome.

9. Underclocked

Underclocked MDL Member

Sep 3, 2013
    I have Windows 10 installed on an older, slower system. Immediately after boot-up, if I quickly go to settings, I can see settings going from their default to the custom settings I made. I also see the activity lights on the wireless adapter going apes**t until I check settings. Makes me wonder if all our efforts to stifle the outflow of data are worthwhile or effective.

10. Daz

Daz MDL Developer / Admin
    Staff Member

Jul 31, 2009
    Via software such as this alone you're not going to be stopping much. If you were to monitor the PC then you'd see that Windows 10 is constantly trying to make connections to Microsoft, even if it's not got any data to send.

If people look at their resource monitor or use TCPView then they'd see that explorer.exe might be connected to "msnbot" even though they've enabled all of the privacy tweaks. O&O would need to create a good list of firewall rules to combat that.

11. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
  12. .org

.org MDL Novice

Jan 26, 2015
    correction...Nadella & co.:tea:

13. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    Well, I did get a reply. Was not useful at all and I think maybe we need a fluent German speaker to possibly send an email.

first

and immediately after

however I am not seeing any new info? Anyone else?

PaulD??? lol

14. Valiosa

Valiosa MDL Novice

Jul 20, 2015
    Anyone tested it with firewall or something? Just used this tool and all seems green, but does it actually disable all the stuff?

15. AcuraTML

AcuraTML Guest

#100 AcuraTML, Aug 20, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2015
    Very good question the answer is NO and confirmed on every 32-bit and 64- windows ten and every version in 64-bit of Windows 8 and 8.1

Pay attention on the update section of this app all off but all versions above listed still handshake and connect the the update server when run manually

seems this app still needs to be worked in by the original developer

ATML