App Store uninstalled - how to reinstall

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by doggod, Oct 22, 2012.

1. doggod

doggod MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2009
    I uninstalled it and unfortunately I now need to get it back. Is there any way to install it rather than doing a refresh
    where I will loose all my installed applications. :(

2. Puremin0rez

Puremin0rez MDL Senior Member

Nov 24, 2010
    What?! How did you do that? I don't have the option to do that.

Are you sure you didn't just unpin it from the Start or did you actually run some cmd trickery to accidently remove it? :eek:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. inighthawki

inighthawki MDL Novice

Jul 29, 2009
    Right click and select "All apps" in the bottom right corner, see if it's on that list and re-pin it.

4. doggod

doggod MDL Novice

Aug 8, 2009
    #4 doggod, Oct 22, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
    (OP)
    Screenshot (1).jpg I assumed I uninstalled as its not in the "all apps " panel and does not show up in a search under apps setting or files.
    If I unpinned it, you would image i could get it back ?
    @odiebugs - The problem I see with the refresh is that it it uninstalls all my regular apps and just keeps my metro apps,files and settings intact
    If that is the case it'll be faster to install another copy of win 8 in a different partition that having to install all my regular apps

Update: Created a new second admin account, signing in with my Hotmail credentials and the system goes through
    the "setting up your pc" dialog and loads me into the start screen. As you can see the "app store tile" is missing from this account as well

I didn't do anything that I can remember to uninstall the store but I can see this being a pain in the ass if some app or setting
    is deleting or removing access to it for the average user especially if you have to refresh your whole pc to get it back.

Update 2: Did a system restore to last week and still no sign of the app store tile.