Apple makes me happy

Discussion in 'macOS' started by jack102, May 27, 2016.

1. jack102

jack102 MDL Novice

Feb 7, 2016
    My old Dell Inspiron 1525 died in January of 2016 and I had been wanting a MacBook Pro with Retina Display for a while because I had gotten used to the crystal clear, crisp display while using my iPhone 5S. After 5 months of being without a laptop, I took the leap and applied for a Barclay Visa with Apple rewards. I was immediately approved and was able to start using my credit immediately to purchase the 13" via Apple's online store. I debated over the advantages/disadvantages of 13" versus 15". I really wanted something smaller that I could carry around easily. From my previous experience with a 15" laptop, it's more cumbersome to deal with. I choose the 512GB because I needed more storage and was of deleting files to make room. It's super quiet and fast. I also love that it starts up and shuts down quickly. It was super simple to do the initial setup. Coming from using Windows Vista was a change, but I'm enjoying learning to navigate iOS. I am very pleased and I would surely purchase another one when the time comes.

2. NeXtStatioN

NeXtStatioN MDL Senior Member

Dec 29, 2014
    #2 NeXtStatioN, May 27, 2016
    Last edited: May 27, 2016
    Hello

You can't really compare a 2008 middle-end Laptop which maybe cost about 500$ with a 2015 High-end Laptop of more than 1,000$ value.
    I can buy a PC with the same price as your Mac and say it runs better than yours too

Anyway, if you like it... good for you :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. SOCRATE_MMXII

SOCRATE_MMXII MDL Expert

Jan 25, 2012
    @jack102:
    1. apple notebooks/ultrabooks don't run iOS, but OS X.
    2. you could have bought an ultrabook (aka thin notebook) with better specs for the same money from Dell, Samsung, MSI or even MS Surface Pro 4 with 1TB storage.
    3. I'm glad that apple makes you happy.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. NeXtStatioN

NeXtStatioN MDL Senior Member

Dec 29, 2014

And forgot to add

His Mac costs about 2,000$.
    Yeah, you surely get better than Apple.
    The common point is that all computers are made in China/Taiwan
    The difference between a 2K$ Apple and 2K$ Asus/Dell/MSI etc... PC : you get way better and faster PC than a Mac for which you're paying the brand itself
    (sometimes for crap products lol)

5. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    You are happy and Apple is happy also :D

6. wazzock

wazzock MDL Senior Member

Oct 22, 2016
    what a fool does with their money is their business :D

good luck trying to get warranty repairs :laie:

7. alextheg

alextheg MDL Expert

Jan 7, 2009
    Ive reluctantly started using OSX Yosemite on a hackintosh. Purely because a lot of the technician jobs im looking at going for require familliarity with OSX.

The hackintosh was stupidly difficult to get working and currently its just about stable / usable. Typical Apple behaviour, make everything near on impossible unless you use their products. At least with MS things just work. I spent around £1000 building my machine and although not quite up to current top end specifications it still quite a beast. the equivillant Apple machine would be near £3000. Icould never justify the money, ok the display looks really nice and overall they are quite stylish but in the end its style over substance.

However you're happy with you're machine and thats what matters....... to each his own.

8. trungpt

trungpt MDL Addicted

Dec 15, 2009
    In my family, I'm the only one who is interested in Information Science and don't have Apple devices. Each of the others has at least one Apple device.

9. mbpowner

mbpowner Guest

Which model did you buy ? Just curious. M

I saw the 2016 mbp prices - sounds like a rip off to me. I have the 2015 version and it's really good ! Gotta love the SSD speed. One of the best on the market in terms of SSD , more so the 2016 model.

However, the graphics suck. Didnt look into the AMD only available for the highest end mbps . As it is the 2015 model i got was expensive yet they onlg provide HD graphics ! How do your graphicscompare - what model you got ?

Also i wonder whether i shoulda got windows instead bcuz they're. Cheaper often with betterpecs - the mbp 2015 still had a broadwell processor chip ! And.considering the 4k laptops and better graphics cards you get for a better price, as well as the computers being upgradeable.

As a student, i guess i chose it bcuz of portability and the cool running processor. Also SSD speed and reliability of OS. X.

10. xrdguy

xrdguy MDL Novice

Feb 17, 2010
    Apple OS is good and far better than windows 10 garbage which MS pushed but from hardware point of view it is really outdated. Not to mention it is overpriced as hell. I was thinking to buy Macbook Pro but what they released was a huge disappointment to me and I dropped the whole plan owning Macbook pro. I have a mac mini 2014 which works very well when I replaced slow HD with SSD but my only issue is that I can not use 4K monitor at 60Hz which is what I am looking in to future upgrade. I am planning to have my next computer to be hackintosh.

11. Awake659

Awake659 MDL Novice

Apr 4, 2017
    I love Apple computers and will probably always use them.
    However I AM NOT upgrading to the new MBP's with touchbar. Might invest in a different computer down the line

12. JamesMilner

JamesMilner MDL Novice

Nov 7, 2019
    As they say an apple a day keeps the doctor away !

13. pablomorfer

pablomorfer MDL Novice

May 12, 2020
    I recommend Macbooks just for developers, because they have apps that you cannot get on Windows, the problem is that is really Overpriced

14. Bat.1

Bat.1 MDL Expert

Oct 18, 2014
    Apple:wub: make Bat Happy Two :hug2:

15. SomeInternetArsehole

Sep 4, 2014
    Maybe 'they' just didn't have enough money left to afford a doctor..

16. want to create a hacknitosh on your intel hardware if its sandy bridge or later

17. R29k

R29k MDL GLaDOS

Feb 13, 2011
    I prefer watermelons.

18. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #18 Muerto, Apr 12, 2021
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2021

19. shrinivas

shrinivas MDL Member

Apr 10, 2015
    Always wanted to buy Apple products, but never could afford them, being from a 3rd world country !

20. ibay770

ibay770 MDL Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Like what apps?