ApplicationFrameHost Error when opening "Settings" from Start Menu

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by gbates, Sep 8, 2015.

1. gbates

gbates MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2015
    #1 gbates, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    Hi guys,

I just wanted to say to start this is my first post!! Thank you everyone for all threads here. I've spent many hours reading tutorials and doing everything I can to block the man (Microsoft) from spying!

The problem, I'm not sure at what point I changed a registry entry or applied a patch that caused this error. I can no longer access the "Settings" menu to perform updates or change any core settings threw the settings gui. Every time I try to open it I receive an ApplicationFrameHost error.

I'm a very savy user with Windows and Linux but this one has me stumped. Any help would be appreciated!

Here is the error.

Attached Files:

2. Hadron-Curious

Hadron-Curious MDL Guru

Jul 4, 2014
    What Windows 10 build are you using? Some of the Windows updates are meant to fix this error. Try to do your WU properly.

3. gbates

gbates MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2015
    winver is showing Build 10240. I can't even access the Windows Update area to apply any updates. Ive used Power Shell scripts that enable automatic update but I don't think its working. Can I download the updates manual? I can't find any info on here for locations of that.

4. Nucleus

Nucleus MDL Guru

Aug 4, 2009
    #4 Nucleus, Sep 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. gbates

gbates MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2015
    That tool does not work. Just sits there trying to update.