Are You MDLer running Windows 10?

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by yro, Aug 21, 2015.

?

Are You MDLer running Windows 10 as primary OS?

1. Yes and I like it

59 vote(s)
    67.0%
  2. Yes but not for long

5 vote(s)
    5.7%
  3. No, its full of spy

9 vote(s)
    10.2%
  4. No, Its not ready for my daily use

12 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. No, F#ck Microsoft!

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  1. fkar

fkar MDL Recognized Advisor

Nov 3, 2012
    Upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate; now Windows 10 Pro RTM running smoothly on one of my laptop.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. OldMX

OldMX MDL Addicted

Jul 30, 2009
    I run Windows 10 Pro on all my computers, i dont give a $hit about the "spyware" since I dont have anything illegal to hide and i'm very pleased with the the performance and everything.

3. broneo

broneo MDL Novice

Jan 5, 2009
    so far so good windows 10 enterprise ltsb with all telemetery things tweaked

4. vladvahnovanu

vladvahnovanu MDL Novice

Jul 1, 2015
    Upgraded from Windows 7 Ultimate genuine on 29 July, now Windows 10 Pro RTM running smoothly on my main gaming rig.

5. EFA11

EFA11 Avatar Guru

Oct 7, 2010
    #25 EFA11, Aug 22, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
    I do run one Win10 Pro totally vanilla. I dont use it but when its on, it is running a single batch file on it.

Code:
    @echo off
    :1
    echo FU MS
    goto 1
    Thats all with that vanilla one. uses about 25% CPU and 0.5MB of memory.

6. ccuappz

ccuappz MDL Junior Member

Dec 14, 2009
    10 here too. Actually I noticed its boot time is longer than 8.1 whether vmware or real...
    Did you guys notice the same thing or is it just me?

7. El_Heffe

El_Heffe MDL Member

Jul 16, 2007
    I was just about to give up on Windows 10 but today I decided to try the latest leaked Insider Preview build 10525.

Build 10240 never should have been the RTM release. It's too buggy and broken. 10525 has some problems but most of the things that were bugging me are working better now, and it is much closer to what the RTM should have been.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. freiwald

freiwald MDL Senior Member

Jul 27, 2015
    Just you sorry. Say what you want about Windows 10 but booting, restarting and shutting it down was never so fast.

9. venioni

venioni MDL Senior Member

Mar 28, 2014
    No running windows 10 JUST running windows 7 has everythink who someone needs for make work or want only internet surf...:cool:

10. sansini

sansini MDL Novice

Oct 4, 2008
    I've been running Windows 10 as my primary OS since build 10240 was released to insiders, and I'm really liking it.
    I've not run any homebrew to remove all the 'spying' - if I didn't like it, rather than run a load of scripts to try and block it, you know what I'd do? NOT USE IT! If you feel so passionately about it that you'd go to the length of actively blocking most things then be honest with yourself - why are you using it? You obviously don't agree with the terms and conditions, and it isn't like 10 is the only operating system you can choose from.
    10 has been a very reliable and quick OS for me, I've upgraded some other machines in my family and they are liking it too.

11. liverpal

liverpal MDL Novice

Nov 16, 2012
    Me too, running win 10 pro; upgraded from win8.1. It's fast n smooth. Liking it. :)

12. bananaheed

bananaheed MDL Novice

Jul 17, 2013
    Running win 10 pro 64 bit on my laptop to learn how to remove bloatware / spyware. Happy with win 7 pro on my desktop ATM but want the option to upgrade if required.

13. Sakuya

Sakuya MDL Junior Member

Jul 16, 2015
    Upgraded the last of my systems to Win 10 this week after extensive testing since the technical preview came out.
    Much easier to manage and deploy. Heck I got W10 x64 to deploy on a motherboard based on the ancient AMD RC415 (10yr+) chipset platform which only had drivers for XP x86, after a hiccup of getting the Xpress 200 drivers working it's now running stable and hassle free with all drivers. Mind you that the RC4XX variants came out a full year+ before the Core 2 Duo CPUs and x64 support tagged on as an afterthought and flaky at best.

14. shanye

shanye MDL Junior Member

Jun 6, 2015
    I am using 10 as my primary and blocking everything I can find that MS has added that I disapprove of with zero ill effects. I like 10 a lot - it is faster than 7 at boot, and in use on my machine and I am looking forward to a few years of use from it.

15. WaltC

WaltC MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2014
    Been running Win10 as my primary OS @ home for ~5 months or so. No complaints to speak of. Most of what they fouled up in 8/.1 they've addressed admirably, and I'm definitely willing to accept their free-upgrade-to-Win10 mea culpa

I saw an ad just yesterday that said something like: "If worries over spyware are keeping you away from Windows 10, the solution is at hand! For a limited time only, Microsoft is offering a 50%-Off coupon good for your first visit to the psychiatrist of your choice, when you install your free Windows 10 upgrade!..." (Local restrictions as to quacks and witch doctors may apply.) Good stuff!

16. freiwald

freiwald MDL Senior Member

Jul 27, 2015
    yes good stuff to make fun of your possible customers. microsoft is so full of s**t these days it's just amazing.

17. leebo_28

leebo_28 MDL Senior Member

Jun 12, 2011
    :eek: I'm sure Microsoft has the "exact" stats of those using 10 :eek: ..:rofl:

18. Yasser Da Silva

Yasser Da Silva MDL Senior Member

Mar 15, 2015
    the same as me :D
    can you put a poll !!

19. WaltC

WaltC MDL Addicted

Mar 8, 2014
    I thought it would have been obvious...it was a joke...I made it up. It's loosely known as satire, in case you're a bit unfamiliar with the literary form. It wasn't Microsoft making fun of the superstitious-like ignorance of some Windows users...it was just l'il ole' me...;) [I have also heard that some Catholics are crossing themselves and/or genuflecting before booting up, though.] I'm sorry...I can't help myself...!

20. manhtom

manhtom MDL Member

Jul 10, 2015
    Me, running Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview build 10525 as primary OS:D