Asrock 775 Dual VSTA....OEM...SLIC...

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by tnx, Sep 3, 2008.

1. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Well...Busy bee tn here again..

Just tested the Dell OEM files put into Vista with SP1 slipstreamed into it.

Worked a treat.

Vista SP1 Activated.

Brilliant....:)

2. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    Well done, knew you would get there now to try XP did you use the modded bios files i did, that will let forum know if bios mod is working.

3. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Hi urie......Yes mate i used those files from your link.Works a treat...:)

XP.....Had XP College Edition for some years now.
    Just install and away you go. It passes WGA,updates,the lot.

Bored of running XP now.

Tried Vista so many times but each time summet goes wrong. I put it down to the M.Soft updates.
    I never did like using thos Vista cracks and bootloaders.

Thats why i went out and got the Abit AW9D Max board. It takes more RAM has more SATA ports ( if port is the right word ?).

I am now gunna mmmmm, get on with doing the Abit.

Thanks again urie....

4. shay_g

shay_g MDL Member

Apr 10, 2008
    did you flash my "Abit AW9D Max version 1.7 slic asus" or the 1.6 that came from the "slic tested"??

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @ shay_g, we will have to wait and see i'm more worried about peeps flashing bioses the wrong way i know ASRock are bad and don't have normal AMI recovery procedure, hopefully tnx, will get back to on the Abit AW9D board and all is Ok. no hero's here i used AMI_SLIC3 latest version because i have used it on my own ASRock Motherboards, thats why i wanted more feedback i,e Dell xp oem i know it works for me and tnx, may have a working student edition key but they like VLK keys do get blacklisted but as you know OEM are ok:eek:

P.S. I also know one of my m8's in the states is still using a number a chinese vlk number and 6000,000 users still works for him but in UK mines was blacklisted the MGADiag.exe now does regional::( so oem is the way to go

6. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008

Yours mate....

ACTIVATED >>>>>>>ACTIVATED !!!!!!!

ohhhhhhh been a busy boy and not had chance to do the do..
    But flashed the Abit AW9D Max and made the Asus OEM dvd ( well USB drive )
    Slung in my HDD i use to test installs,ect and hey presto.

Thanks very much :)

All i have to do now is back up my main HDD (160 Gig) which i use just to carry the OS really,but stuff like My Documents. Favs etc etc need to be saved before i do a complete new install.Not gunna slipstream SP1 into it though or any drivers.These can be added when and if needed.

Thanks again to all the help,advice.tips and files etc etc.
    Could NOT have done it with it !!!

:) :) :)

7. tnx

tnx MDL Expert

Sep 2, 2008
    Now then i have just noticed after a couple of re-boots that your sig pic is on my BOOt screen.
    mmmm i thought that was pretty cool.

Please do tell me how you modded the bios.

That would be worth looking at.

Nice work...;)

8. shay_g

shay_g MDL Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. marchelyx

marchelyx MDL Novice

Jun 8, 2009
    #29 marchelyx, Jun 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
    Is there any method of using pen drive if it is restricted by admin? Working in a office. I can’t use the pen drive unless I log in to my system with admin username and password. Is it possible? If you have the answer, please get back.