asrock 890fx deluxe3 MB problem, no POST, no bios

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by back, Jan 18, 2011.

1. back

back MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2010
    Hello Everyone,

I have been having issues with my new rig. First off, i'm not so sure whether the mobo is the source of the problem, I got it replaced but the problems still persisted.

The issue i've been having is that when I was using the computer for a few minutes (no high-load activity) it suddenly turned off, as if the computer was unplugged. When I tried turning my computer on again, the fans began turning but nothing showed up on the screen, no POST screen, no bios beep, no blinking underscore, absolutely nothing.

I believe that the problem could be incompatibility between the motherboard and the attached components. I've tried taking the graphics card out but nothing changed, I've also tried taking out certain memory modules and that did nothing as well.

I am very confused by this, This problem occurred on both asrock 890fx MBs and I can't isolate the source of the problem.

Note: no error codes show on the error code indicator

-back

2. DesertJerry

DesertJerry MDL Novice

Apr 11, 2010
    What is the size of the power supply? You may be require more power than it is capable of providing - that could explain the immediate shutdown.

3. back

back MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2010
    I have a 1000w power supply, I'm sorry: I forgot to put my specs

Raidmax RX-1000 power supply
    WD caviar, 1TB
    G.Skill. 120GB SSD
    Sapphire Radeon HD 6970
    Asrock 890fx deluxe3
    16GB D.Skill Ripjaws series 1600mhz RAM (4x4GB)

4. 2centsworth

2centsworth MDL Senior Member

Feb 12, 2008
  5. back

back MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2010
    would this explain no POST screen showing up? I turns on after, power flows to the other components

6. 2centsworth

2centsworth MDL Senior Member

Feb 12, 2008
  7. back

back MDL Novice

Oct 26, 2010
    :sorry::sorry:

This was all part of my idiocy, I installed my psu upside down

Thanks for the advice though, I will take it into account if I willl ever need it.

Sorry for wasting all of your time

PS: Dr. Debug is an error code indicator on the MB, it didn't work because BIOS never started.