Asus A15 Ryzen 7 laptop (FA506ICB)

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by zsrobin1, Jan 30, 2023.

1. zsrobin1

zsrobin1 MDL Novice

Jul 11, 2018
    I'm not sure if this is the right forum..
    I have the Asus Ryzen 7 laptop with an RTX 3050 GPU. I'm having a lot of fun with it but.. (yep, always a but!)
    1. Getting into the bios is no problem with F2 & it gives me a pretty GUI. I can get into the Advanced mode, but it's very simplified, with not much to change. Is there any way to get into a detailed bios?

2. It comes with something called Armoury Crate, which shows computer stats very graphically.On the front page, at the bottom, you can select different modes, such as Windows, Silent, Performance & Turbo. On the net, I've also seen another setting called 'Manual', that allows for overclocking. My laptop does not have the Manual tab setting. I would like to slightly overclock a bit.. Any ideas?

3. I'm using NVidia GForce Experience & it tells me that I have the latest GeForce Game Ready Drivver (version 528.24)

4. Windows update installs the latest AMD driver overwriting the AMD Adrenalin interface & driver.
    When I reinstall AMD Adrenalin, the AMD graphics driver pops up again in Windows Updates.

5. How do I get some of my programs to use the RTX 3050 GPU?
    NVidia Control Panel has a Program settings tab to select either integrated or Hi-Performance NVidia processor per program, but says that Windows OS now manages selection of the graphics processor.
    So, do I use Windows or NVidia to select use of the RTX 3050?

6. MSI Afterburner , picks up the RTX 3050, when I select OC scan, it just says: Failed to start scanning.

Sorry for being so long winded, any ideas or help will be appreciated