ASUS K52F bios mod

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by Rytiss, Mar 16, 2010.

1. Rytiss

Rytiss MDL Novice

Sep 17, 2009
  2. NoJuan999

NoJuan999 Experienced SLIC Tool Operator

Jul 31, 2009
  3. blueman07

blueman07 MDL Novice

Mar 14, 2011
    Hi
    I have recently got a Asus A52F laptop. I've made the mistake of making a bios update and now my laptop doesn't even light the leds whe i press power button.
    Could you help me with a dump of the bios of you laptop, using BIOS_Backup_TooKitV2.0 from this site? I hope this will save me. I'm truing to write the bios again...
    Thank you very much!

4. blueman07

blueman07 MDL Novice

Mar 14, 2011
    ericchak could you help me please?

5. blueman07

blueman07 MDL Novice

Mar 14, 2011
    So this file is to be written to the bios over the existing content?

6. blueman07

blueman07 MDL Novice

Mar 14, 2011
    The size of a dump from an K52F bios is 4MB in size and the update bios file from ASUS site is 2MB. So anybody can tell me how do I write my bios with a good dump?

7. zxd

zxd MDL Novice

May 9, 2011
    Found this thread off Google, I've having the same problem as blueman.

So the solution would be to call Asus and send it in for warranty support right? Well...one thing...I moved to Germany after buying this laptop in Los Angeles, CA and now it's not so easy to do. Asus wants me to pay about 49 euros (which I think is about 75 dollars right now) so I can get a 'global warranty'.

Ridiculous, a company cannot make a laptop up to par with standards of what a laptop should be. We should not have problems updating our BIOS, this is ABSOLUTELY RIDICULOUS. And I'm going to pursue this relentlessly. The laptop should have a mechanism to switch to a backup BIOS on a BIOS update failure (like how many computers currently do). You would expect this to be part of a laptop made in today's day and age.

Aside from that, can anyone please guide us if there is a workaround or fix we can do ourselves? From what I heard, one fix is is to remove the battery, hold the power button for 15-20 seconds which is suppsoed to do a CMOS reset. Is there a battery internally that can be pulled out as well?

8. aleju

aleju MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2011
    Have just had the same problem as blueman07 and zxd. The led indicator for the wifi was working unproperly, I checked asus website for BIOS update and the latest one resolved just that. I flashed and it informed a succesfull operation, after that, dead.

It doesn't even recognize the power source: it doesn't light up the power-connected led or anything at all.

I'll have to ship my brand new A52F back to ASUS.

Have you had any luck trying to repair it yourself? I removed 30 screws trying to find for an internal battery before I reached this thread; I didn't find any but perhaps I didn't go far enough. I got stuck unassembling it after those 30.

Does anybody know how can I flash a previous BIOS if I can't even start the computer at all?

9. aleju

aleju MDL Novice

Jul 31, 2011
    Have gone further, found the disassembly procedure pdf for this model and removed the internal battery, then I hold the power-on button for more than a minute, and after assembling it back, the problem persisted.

Any suggestions?

10. stakron

stakron MDL Novice

Sep 8, 2011
    please help
    1. ASUS K52F
    2. Ver.218
    3. AMI
    4. ASUS