Asus K52F laptop AMI UEFI Bios damaged

Discussion in 'BIOS Mods' started by mirmidon, Jun 23, 2011.

1. mirmidon

mirmidon MDL Novice

Jun 22, 2011
    Hello everyone,

i have a problem with an Asus K52F notebook. My brother tryed to update bios in windows mode and after reboot laptop display nothing on screen (is absolute black), no beep, nothing work. Just that notebook start and leds are lighting.

Now, i know on others brandnames like Acer for example, are some procedures to reflash bios even with the display black. Like on Acer Aspire One , hold down key "x" while you press power button, rename last bios downloaded with an specifc name, etc etc bla bla.

I wonder if someone know an similar procedure for Asus K52F or K52 series. Or some procedure for Asus Ami UEFI bios.
    Right now, i downloaded from Asus website last version of bios named K52FAS.215 and AFLASH2.EXE, have already one flash stick formated FAT32 but dont know what's the keyboard combination with power button or what service name should i give to K52FAS.215 to upload and rewrite directly from flash after, lets say, the uploading procedure start, if it is such a thing.

I mention that i search over the net all over the places and found nothing about this series or my problem.
    I found here this comunity and what you discuss here is like "rocket sience" for me, but i hope someone can give me an helpfull hand.

Thanks in advance.