Asus N61Ja laptop CMOS Battery

Discussion in 'PC Hardware' started by zKs, Sep 3, 2012.

1. zKs

zKs MDL Novice

Jul 5, 2012
    Hi,

I need to know what type of CMOS Battery is in the Asus N61Ja-JX046X laptop, because I need to replace it :eek:

Anyone here able to tell me what type it is?

ps. I've already done all the research and this is the only solution. Please do not reply with something like 'i advise against it', post if you can help me out someway, otherwise please just don't post. Thanks :p

2. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #2 Muerto, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2021

3. zKs

zKs MDL Novice

Jul 5, 2012
    Hey,

Thanks for the reply :)

I know it might seem a bit demeaning, but I was just worried that if I didn't add that I would get people posting stuff like that. Which is quite bothersome, because I don't need the thread to get sidetracked, yaknow :p

Someone from the Belgian Asus TSD sent me the pic I attached when I asked if the CMOS battery was soldered onto the motherboard or not (it wasn't). Probably a CR 2032 / 2025 then right?

Problem is I can't take apart the laptop, I don't have anywhere to leave it 'opened up' like that, no room nowhere :f can't keep it dustfree so I can't take it apart until I can replace the battery really :eek: and I'd rather not take it apart twice (such a hassle) so first I'll try to get an answer on the interwebz ;)

Attached Files:

4. Muerto

Muerto MDL Debugger

Mar 7, 2012
    #4 Muerto, Sep 5, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2021