Asus P5VD2-MX & Windows 7: sound problems

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ValleyDude, Sep 22, 2009.

1. ValleyDude

ValleyDude MDL Novice

Jul 18, 2009
    I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate with an Asus P5VD2-MX motherboard. Everything works just fine, except for the audio. Windows automatically installs HD Audio Drivers, but they appear as SP/DIF, while I have no digital audio-output whatsoever.

I tried installing the audiodrivers for my motherboard for Vista and XP, but when I do that all I get is a very gobbled, underwaterlike hiss. The audio chipset for my motherboard is ADI1986A.

Does anyone else recognize my problem, or better yet: has a solution? Thanks in advance.

2. BubuXP

BubuXP MDL Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Try using the default drivers, but putting the jacks in the right places and switching everything on (hearphones, mics, speakers). Then try changing the options of the devices (right-click on the speaker icon near the clock and select recording/playback devices).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. kilechua

kilechua MDL Novice

Oct 23, 2013
    help me pls

i have the same problem please help me, cant fix it :(

4. PhaseDoubt

PhaseDoubt MDL Expert

Dec 24, 2011
    Did the problem appear after you made some sort of system change? If so, can you reverse that change?

Try rolling back your driver to one that works if you can. If that doesn't work, delete the audio device and reboot letting Windows install its generic sound driver. If that doesn't work contact the audio device maker (or computer maker as necessary) and ask them which driver to download. If all the above fails, there is always the possibility you have a physically damaged device.

You can always use System Protection to restore to an earlier working point in time. Or, if you have one, restore a System Image to get back to a point when the device was working.

5. kilechua

kilechua MDL Novice

Oct 23, 2013
    the problem appeared after i upgrade my OS to window 7.

6. oldtrucker

oldtrucker MDL Novice

Aug 18, 2014
    just tryed that Dude,wont work on this comp,just says not applickable on this sys ?:eek: