ASUS S550C on Windows 10 Caching

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by foldonce, Sep 24, 2015.

1. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    Can you just purchase a SSD and put the HDD in an USB enclosure, express c is a sad excuse for a SSD. This way you can have better boot and actually
    go from 100MB reads to 500MB as express c does nothing for reads or any real performance.

Don't mean to sound critical just stating facts.

2. foldonce

foldonce MDL Junior Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Well that's the case to me. It's expensive here especially in third world countries but thanks for the suggestion though. I'd love to have that option too if only I have the money. o_O

But really? there's no increase in performance? Even if I do have that feature? Not even a nudge?? Because I won't bother with this one if it's useless.

3. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    #23 odiebugs1, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
    If you are going to clean install win 10, before reinstalling the soft for express, clean the SSD.

1.) Open an CMD as admin and type diskpart.

2.) type "list disk" (note the drive number of the SSD).

3.) type "select disk n" (n= the drive number found above)

4.) type "clean"

5.) type "exit"

Set win 10 in update settings to developer. After you install soft, drivers, reboot, run CMD as admin and type "eccmd.exe - info" see if you get the error- Product is not licensed to run on this system.

It's too bad your H 7 series doesn't support smart response.

4. foldonce

Apr 29, 2014
    #24 foldonce, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
    (OP)
    I think I lost you there, You want me to do this steps right now right? While I can still go to update settings? and then go reformat, clean install.
    and by administrator update settings do you mean this one?

http: //s02. anon. yahnataetu. com/840e8e75b18bbd9af85839892ef0c1c7. png --> please just fix the link

I have a machine that's S series? It's ASUS S550C. So I'm not sure on what is and what not. o_O

5. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    It does not matter when, just as long as you clean the SSD before you install the Express software and the drivers.

After you clean it, make sure you can see it on the machine, try looking at disk mgt, you might need to initialize the drive first so your system can see it, that is why you need to look for it and make sure your PC can see it.

Yes, this is the setting. Sometimes this will allow an OEM software to install and not flag that the software is only allowed on selected Hardware. You can turn it off later, and you will not be attacked to death like the warning say's when only using for a little while.

6. foldonce

Apr 29, 2014
    Alright, With regards to the drivers of the machine do Windows 10 updates includes the correct drivers for the Laptop? It's because previously on the windows 8 before I wiped everything and downgraded to windows 7 the Audio and especially the camera looks great. The video quality, I guess with the correct drivers that it has. Right now on this Windows 10, I am not quite satisfied. I'm not sure though if I'm mistaken with my thoughts that I don't have the correct drivers.

7. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
  8. foldonce

Apr 29, 2014

Alright, if you can guide me please on how to list the detailed drivers that I got on my system now. I have a Software called speccy here, would that do the job listing the drivers? or I'd take a screenshot ? I'm opting to do a clean installation again with this one, following your instruction and using the Win10 OS kindly provided by Mr.X..

9. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    I don't know if you know so I'm just posting- ALT + print screen is a open window snapshot, Crtl + print screen is the full desktop screen.

10. foldonce

Apr 29, 2014
  11. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    P.S. The reason you have the flags on device mgr, you are missing the

• IntelĀ® Dynamic Platform and Thermal Framework Driver
    • Intel Management Engine Interface
    • IntelĀ® Rapid Start Technology Driver
    You can find them under the win 8 driver download on Asus for you system, under the OTHERS tab.

Hi Mr X, I see U. LOL

12. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    #37 odiebugs1, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  13. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    Just express, your Chipset does not have smart response which is Intels smart cache, so don't install IRST, unless you were going to run a RAID set, or use the AHCI driver included, but then you don't want the RST software only the driver.

14. foldonce

Apr 29, 2014
    Does this mean I can't use the feature ExpressCache?? I don't understand now.. I am now very confused. Because I believe that this machine has this feature? I'm so sorry if I'm not that familiar.