ASUS S550C on Windows 10 Caching

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by foldonce, Sep 24, 2015.

1. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    #41 odiebugs1, Sep 25, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2015
    I might have confused you posting IRST, your system offers the IRST, and I was thinking you meant for smart response, sorry. You need express, and it is offered under win 10 for asus, and you can install the IRST.

Real sorry for the confusion. Make sure you read under win 10 DL for express under Utility, sorry that's only for upgrade, but make sure you have newest express.

2. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    What version do you have, if you have the 1.3.1180 use it, if you still have a problem, uninstall it and try the 1.3.2.

3. foldonce

foldonce MDL Junior Member

Apr 29, 2014
    Alright! I am now installing all the drivers, Got this question in my mind too. You mentioned I need to disable the other video graphics in BIOS? Because I got the GeForce already installed.. But I don't have that option there, I will take a screenshot later. I'll keep you posted.

4. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    Don't take this wrong but your manual is a joke, it's the only one that I've seen that doesn't show the settings.
    Under advanced settings, there is sata, make sure it's ahci, and for graphics config, it should say something like enable or disable integrated, onboard, IGPU. You want this disabled so you use nvidia card.

5. foldonce

Apr 29, 2014
    It's alright! But maannnn! It worked! The SSD is now mounted! It shows in there now, It's all worth-it. I haven't slept yet it's been almost a day and half now. My God. Thank you! The problem that I have now is that I have still some missing drivers.. I did downloaded the drivers from the site. I'm also guessing that the fresh installation helps because I didn't upgrade, the settings from Win7 were not there anymore plus the additional drivers that have been installed.

P.S: I'll get to the BIOS now and see that settings now for that Graphics settings, I'm just wondering. Isn't it automatic? Whenever I use Graphics demanding programs it will change to nvidia? and if just nothing it's the onboard?

6. odiebugs1

odiebugs1 MDL Expert

Jul 30, 2015
    :clap::clap: Great. As for graphics, it might be, but I can't see your bios settings. Most are not auto and must be set to either.

7. foldonce

Apr 29, 2014
    Thank you! I guess it did activate by itself! All is well now, adding stuff for protection.
    Any software you can suggest to clone this machine? I don't want to do that re-installation again in case I ran into problems.