ASUS SLIC 2.1, Please

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by wor150240, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wor150240

wor150240 MDL Novice

Jan 24, 2008
    I wold like the complate ASUS SLIC 2.1 but I non encounter

Help me, Please

Thank you

2. Bagheera

Bagheera MDL Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I have succesfully modded mine asus bios file with this slic2.1 (no errors)
    but i'm to chicken to flash mine lovely notebook!!.... :(

So i'm waiting for more members to try this one.. what was the bron for the asus 2.1 (which bios from asus has slic2.1 standard from the manufactor?)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. searchengine

searchengine Guest

yeah ...

I modded my Asus bios with this bin .... no errors, and risked the flash lol .... couldn't get activation tho .... but Everest, and SlicDump tool looked good and no errors evident ...... all looked good at Desktop, just no activation.

Flashed back to the Dell mod, and got my activation back ...

didn't crash, and was worth a shot :)

4. Bagheera

Bagheera MDL Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Information was highly appreciated. thnxs.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Squall-Leonhart

Squall-Leonhart MDL Member

Jul 23, 2009

Of course you couldn't. the Bin is fake. it is just a ASUS SLIC 2.0 bin thats been modified. you can tell this by looking at the 2 versions using a hex editor, only the version digits have been modified.

If it was really a SLIC 2.1 bin, the back end of the file would be entirely different as the digital signature would contain different data.

6. searchengine

searchengine Guest

very interesting .....

Originally modded my Asus Bios with Dell Slic bin ... using tools posted on the forum, and was well pleased that windows 7 activation occurred without a hitch.

seeing this "asus slic 2.1" I thought niiiiice ... I'll use the tools on this and if good, I get my Asus Bios modded with an Asus slic.

The tools that I thought were great are a little disappointing if the file posted is just an asus 2 "faked" to 2.1, as each tool just passed it off as valid.

SlicInfo Tool ..... 2.1
    AMI Tool ..... 2.1 matched, success, verified
    SlicDump Toolkit .... 2.1 all good

luckily, no harm done, and back to Dell mod and activated, but I will not have so much faith in the tools in the future, good as they are.

:)

7. China4Ever

China4Ever Bios Mod.

Apr 25, 2007
    Guys, please. I've already said in another post that this ASUS 2.1 file is fake as it has been created modifying ASUS 2.0 SLIC bin. But ASUS SLIC files are digitally signed. I don't know how many times I've to repeat the same things. That's enough.