At Startup a cmd and temp window open...

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by ThomasMann, May 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    I have done it at least three times... No Avast no Piriform... how do I get rid off the Avast in the registry????? And I am working as admin

2. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    Press and hold the <Win> key and press the letter R (Shortcut to the "Run" function)

type regedit.exe

That will open regedit.

On the left side, go to the very top of the list of entries there. (It should be 'Computer')
    Select it, and press <Ctrl> F

That will bring up the search window. Enter the search text.

If it's found, you can press <F3> To fine the next occurrence.

The <Win> key is between the <Ctrl> and <Alt> keys on the bottom left of the keyboard. :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I don't know why he using regedit when he has already downloaded RegScanner.

4. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    @Joe C: I just looked at that web page. From what I can see, many of the things
    there have already been suggested and done by ThomasMann.

@urie: I'm a big fan of Nir Sofer and his utilities, but RegScanner is a little different than regedit.exe, and it might not suit his needs.

For one thing, regedit allows you to browse the registry. RegScanner does not.

6. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    That is what I did at least six times. And it is what I did yesterday, And the answer of the search is even attached in #97.....

7. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    Because for me its faster, as I have already used it many times and I have added a photo of the result #97, but nobody seems to notice and answer the question.

8. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    I know you had used it before that is why I mentioned it.

9. DukiSync

DukiSync MDL Junior Member

May 12, 2010
    Nothing suspicious in services list connected to parent process that's why i didn't mention it at all..

First backup something before you delete it, in regedit - left window – right click – export…

As I understood, you delete one reg key successfully, and find another one which you cant access, delete or open context menu in left window? Do yo have adequate access rights? Thing are getting complicated further… (Please confirm this). Try to restore previous keys and then try to access to that particular key…

At this moment I don't have any bright idea, try to continue with “brute force” method – find NEXT “Avast” key in registry, export it and then try to delete it...

We're just trying to help, do not be angry with us...

10. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
  11. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @Joe C , I already posted avast clean tool on the 13th.

12. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    oh well....
    I reckon you can't make somebody do anything you suggest to help them out if they do not want to

13. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015

That is true... I have been using Avast for years, until they changed, and I have always been a bit weary of softwares that i give access to everything on my computer. With an AV software that cannot be avoided. Must have been five years ago when I switched to Defender and weekly malwarebytes or emsisoft and I cannot remember one virus, only false positives on malwarebytes.
    I am sorry if I sound a just a tiny little unnerved, when I get the same advice for the third time and I look at a post count of 113... and all for two silly little pop ups telling me that some file that is not supposed on a computer, actually is not on the computer, and those pop ups can be removed with a single mouse click... This certainly wastes a lot of time off everybody....

There is one item in the registry with the name Avast (post #97) and it cannot be accessed because of an error.... so in the end it is probably a lot simpler to sooner or later re-install Win7....

I thank you all for your patience and your trying... I am going to stick to reading SysInternalTool for a while now...

14. Joe C

Joe C MDL Guru

Jan 12, 2012
    #114 Joe C, Jun 23, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    Seriously????
    Obviously Avast was on that pc.
    By installing it and using the Avast clean tool to un-install, it should remove that error. I think the reason your getting this error is because it was ripped out without properly un-installing it

15. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    I have answered this three times, that will have to do....
    I apologize in the name of this computer, as it seems to refuse to comply with your logic.

16. DukiSync

DukiSync MDL Junior Member

May 12, 2010
    :):):)

-Did you try PowerRun?
    -It's possible that the registry has become corrupted or it is a virus...
    -Urie read #14...

17. urie

urie Moderator
    Staff Member

May 21, 2007
    @DukiSync , My mistake I also had posted link to Avast clean I had missed the post that he had ran it.
    I see booting from a PE disk coming and having to load registry hive, if he is having bother with permissions

18. ThomasMann

ThomasMann MDL Expert

Dec 31, 2015
    both pop ups are finally gone. Took out the SSD, connected it to my desktop, removed the partitions, put it back in..
    Installed a 7 ulti... and no more pop ups.
    Had to download both LAN and WLAN drivers from Fujitsu on another computer though.
    (Never saw a computer before that has a cheap and shaky mechanical switch to turn wifi on and off...)

Thank you everybody for your help