ATI Mobility Video Driver

Discussion in 'Application Software' started by ozzyboy, Nov 25, 2009.

1. ozzyboy

ozzyboy MDL Member

May 18, 2009
    #21 ozzyboy, Dec 21, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2009
    (OP)
  2. illballer

illballer MDL Novice

Mar 15, 2009
    First of all thank you for your quick response.
    The problem is, that with any driver apart from the standard ones from win 7 update the image wouldn´t stretch when switching to anything below native resolution. If done it looks like this:

Image in next post because post count must be > 2 ....

It happens with all legacy drivers (modded of course) which is very disapointing because i can´t seem to figure out why.

3. illballer

illballer MDL Novice

Mar 15, 2009
  4. ozzyboy

ozzyboy MDL Member

May 18, 2009
  5. Devilix

Devilix MDL Novice

Jan 7, 2010
    Hi, i have a notebook HP DV6-1350SL with "ati mobility radeon hd 4530" and i'm using windows xp...
    The driver that i have downloaded works fine, but when i want use the notebook with battery, the system run slower :(

The problem is the video driver, because if i uninstall these drivers end use it with battery, everythings works fine...

Can anyone tell me something about it?
    i hope you will help me....
    Sorry for my english, i'm italian
    bye and thanks a lot!

6. Devilix

Devilix MDL Novice

Jan 7, 2010
    thanks for reply ;)
    I have just check that option, but nothing change...

The hotkeys for adjust the brightness don't work, but if i uninstall the driver the hotkeys come back work fine!
    I think there is an incompatibility between "HP quick launch buttons" and the video drivers... Damn... :(
    What do you think about? Can u help me? Thanks...

7. [P]laci

[P]laci MDL Novice

Dec 31, 2009
  8. ozzyboy

ozzyboy MDL Member

May 18, 2009
    Update links in 1st post!! :fishing1: :drunk:

9. andreim4

andreim4 MDL Novice

Dec 11, 2008
    ati radeon mobility 4330 seems to work great in windows xp 32 bit. i have an dell inspiron 1564 with windows 7 pre-installed but needed xp for some old applications. now i'm the proud owner of a dual boot fully functional notebook. thank you very much. i was getting kind of crazy because i douldn't find a driver. saved my life bro

10. Tito

Tito Super Mod / Adviser
    Staff Member

Nov 30, 2009
    Why dont you use XP mode??????

11. rikwes

rikwes MDL Novice

Apr 19, 2010
    does this work on the Ati mobility 9200 for windows 7 ???

12. paul_zapanta156

paul_zapanta156 MDL Novice

Aug 23, 2010
    will this work on my ati mobility firegl t2/t2e, its a workstation graphic card, the only driver worked for me was a distributor driver which is a yeston r9596xt for xp, will this work on windows7 ?

13. reeven

reeven MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2009
    Well, my story, toshiba A210 laptop, bought in Romania, with Vista 32 preinstalled and and ati hd 2600.

I installed win7 64, put latest catalyst driver( with modder) but after i open Internet Explorer all was freezing, need it hard reset.

After that, blue screen cause by ati...tried 20 drivers for win7 64 for my toshiba ati 2600, no go, till i find this thread and try this driver... now is working.

With previous drivers that i tested no driver would install, standard driver in device manager.

maybe ati cut the support for toshiba 2600 in latest drivers.
    On ati mobile drivers page it says that Toshiba is not supported...

THANKS romane:p

14. ozzyboy

ozzyboy MDL Member

May 18, 2009
    Ma bucur ca ti-a mers!!
    I'm glad to hear it's worked for you!!

15. reeven

reeven MDL Novice

Apr 30, 2009
    #38 reeven, Oct 27, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
    Also, for Toshiba users, few more tips:

Some drivers, utilities, apps from toshiba download are made both for 32 and 64 bit.

Example: you have an toshiba laptop that have only 32bit drivers and apps, take that and install on OS64, it should work.
    Next, if you install toshiba ati drivers you have mobility settings in catalyst.
    If you install ATI MOBILE drivers no more mobility settings.
    Install toshiba driver, then take ati mobile 10.6 setup, extract it, and install manually only driver 10.6, this is the latest one that have mobility settings in catalyst, in this way your video would change speed on bateries, etc.
    Newer driver then 10.6 from ati mobile does not have mobility settings in catalyst.

Also, soutbride and nordbride ati driver, you could take this from l670 toshiba model, it's from 2010 and work on any ati toshiba laptop.
    But only nb driver, not video.

Conclusion: Mobility Modder does not work on toshiba laptop in win7 64.
    Use latest toshiba ati driver, install it, extract catalyst 10.6 mobile, install manual video driver from device manager, then take toshiba l670 driver, extract, and install nb driver from there, or manually.
    In this way you have PCIE driver from 2010, video driver from 2009, and furmark, games are working.

Another thing, if you install an toshiba driver from another model, or from latest ati mobile, then no hardware acc, furmark not working, games freeze, powerdvd or arcsoft freeze at startup.
    Stick with your original driver....or better buy an laptop with nvidia....

16. juzz

juzz MDL Member

Jun 28, 2008