ati problem

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Dragy2k, Mar 16, 2009.

1. Dragy2k

Dragy2k MDL Novice

Mar 16, 2009
    hi all
    my first post here
    ive been a lurker here a couple of years and decided to try out the latest win7 release , all went well untill it refused to complete the install process ..i fixed that with a slower burnt disk using cdburnerXP.
    second install went well then my monitor went blank luckily i have my pc ocnnected to my LG tv and switched desktop back to my monitor.
    but (and this is my problem) i have tryed using various ATI drivers in compatibilty mode as admin ...all i get is nothing i did at 1 point have the catalyst as an option when i right clicked on the desktop.
    i uninstalled and then tryed the beta driver for 32bt win7 ....still nothing.
    can someone point me in the right direction to hopefully cure this ...or i may just have to wait on ati catching up.
    If your using ati and had any success can you tell me where i went wrong

p.s love the forums and thx in advance.

2. gollum

gollum MDL Member

Jun 6, 2007
    Hi!
    As far as i know there is only one ATI driver for Windows 7 - the Catalyst 8.12 can be downloaded as a Beta for it.
    I don't quite understand how you were able to trick the other ATI drivers into getting installed? I tried this too and they always refused to install because they wouldn't recognize the OS.
    Please get rid of the ATI drivers you installed. Totally. Remove every trace of them. Use Windows native driver instead. Then - if you did not do that already - use the Catalyst 8.12 Beta and check if it is working then.

3. PrEzi

PrEzi MDL Addicted

Aug 23, 2007
    Just wait two more days for the official 9.3 drivers for Windows 7.
    gollum : 9.1 and 9.2's can be installed via an inf modification, but same as you - I don't recommend this, since you will be installing a partially compatible driver only which is WDDM 1.0 instead of WDDM 1.1 which Win7 uses.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. retro

retro MDL Junior Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Strange, I can install 9.1 and 9.2 drivers without any inf mods. Either way I have high hopes for the 9.3's.