ATTENTION: CCleaner Messes Up 10586 Clean Install

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by MonarchX, Jan 10, 2016.

1. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I stopped the use of CCleaner some time ago because of multiple problems, some very serious! Since I use PrivaZer without any problem, and more features!

For me, overall PrivaZer is much better then CCleaner!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    #23 GOD666, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    @jayblok Thanks for confirming Ccleaner WORKS! :)

I sometimes wonder if M$ employees troll here and hate any app that can uninstall the windows app that come pre-installed. Ccleaner, for example, has an option that allows you to uninstall programs and recently they expanded that to include Windows Apps.

IOBIT Uninstaller also has this function now too and it wasn't so long ago someone came here saying that was crap as well.

I wonder. :g:

Attached Files:

3. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    #24 lobo11, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
    I use Ccleaner Pro for years, no problems yet:worthy::worthy:

But one talked about above seems better by pisthai
    PrivaZer .

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. MonarchX

MonarchX MDL Expert

May 5, 2007
    I sometimes wonder whether people read threads at all. CCleaner does have an option to remove Netflix, but it has absolutely nothing to do with the problem its Registry cleaning causes to specific apps. You're the troll in this case along with people who post "CCleaner works fine here" without providing any of the important details and circumstances discussed in this thread.

5. Super Spartan

Super Spartan MDL Expert

May 30, 2014
    To be fair, CCleaner is ok, I learned my lesson a few years ago to leave the registry the heck alone. Don't mess with it and your PC rurns fine, the moment you start thinking that cleaning your registry will make your PC faster/better, that is when the problems start.

6. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    #27 GOD666, Jan 11, 2016
    :rofl: Says the troll.

When I and everyone else here who has tested Ccleaner informs you that it's working for us and you're the only one who claims there is an issue it's your problem. Which isn't trollish at all it is being informative (the program WORKS)

But when you cry about it and point fingers, that makes YOU the troll. ;)

But if you really want clarification :rolleyes: I tested the file cleaner, the registry cleaner, the app uninstaller, the startup manager, and the real-time monitoring. In other words, everything. Both Ccleaner and Windows and all my apps including Netflix, WORK.

7. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012
    I have used CC cleaner in the past and in my experience it could mess up the registry I some cases it did at my side ! So I don't use it any more and just for the record always back up your registry before running CC cleaner if it goes wrong you can restore it ;)

8. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    That's exactly while I changed to PrivaZer! And that didn't gave me any problems (till now)!

9. vuze4u

vuze4u MDL Member

Apr 24, 2010
    Pretty much should read the details of what CCleaner is about to touch before proceed clean, i do that everytimes. To me CCleaner is the least intrusive registry cleaner is reason why i choose it over other screw up programs like O&O's, i have yet to encounter problem with it so far with my heavily "lite'd" W10.

10. Mutoid

Mutoid MDL Member

Sep 23, 2015
    #31 Mutoid, Jan 11, 2016
    Almost all of the reliable tech forums I have ever read give the same advice ....

Do NOT use registry cleaners or registry defrag tools .... period !

The risks are great , and the benefits are virtually non-existent .

OK , so you may have some unnecessary entries in the registry from uninstalled programs ,
    but they will be tiny compared to the size of the registry ( which itself is small by modern standards )

There will not be any performance gain by removing them .
    They will be completely ignored by the OS.

11. jayblok

jayblok MDL Guru

Dec 26, 2010
    Look,if you mess up the registry and make the Operating System unstable, is it really a big deal to re-install?
    I would understand if a "NOOB" cleaned the REGISTRY and messed up the Operating System it would be the end of the World but I don't think a First time user of a computer w/Windows would be thinking about cleaning the Registry at first. :confused:

12. endbase

endbase MDL Guru

Aug 12, 2012

I think that the gain from "cleaning" the registry is not worth the hassle of an clean install ;)

13. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
  14. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    I've considered Privazer, but had to decline installation since they are completely non-transparent about who & what they are. Their "corporate address" is fake (it's for an incorporation mill in Delaware), and they are not forthcoming about their background. I'm very surprised so many people have either overlooked or ignored this fact, that no one really knows who Privazer's distributor "Goversoft LLC" is and who or what is funding them.

15. leaks98

leaks98 MDL Junior Member

May 7, 2015
    every app that deals with registry will mess up your os... Regardless of what it is.

16. Mutoid

Mutoid MDL Member

Sep 23, 2015
  17. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    #38 lobo11, Jan 11, 2016
    I really don't care about corporate mess so long as software does what it says, yes all registry cleaners require alittle cross your fingers, but this one passes SFC and DISM repair operations after using, good enough for me, Has MS got a good track record:confused:

18. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    I don't need to know the Birthday of the developer, their account numbers etc., etc., I just need a program to do what I need it for, without to result in damaged Registry and/or system! And PrivaZer do just that! After three system brake down's with CCleaner, that Apps is out of any question for me. If someone else like it and even, like it like you and swear of it, so it be, not my problem.

I've a quite good control over all data on my computers and don't need to be worry that something, which isn't there for anyone else, which is just for myself, and/or my business, is saved on a secure location and could net be touched by any of such software. To save ALL needed, sensitive and confidential data has first and main priority for my company and myself! I would never cry: "FAULT" over any loose data because I've all of them on secure places! For sure, who didn't take care for that, will cry, just, it's their own fault and no one's else's!

19. E_B_M

E_B_M MDL Member

Jan 16, 2012
    "Cleaning" the registry of a few stray entries is about as effective as clearing snow away from one parking space in a parking lot the size of Greenland Iceland Antarctica Canada & Siberia put together IMHO. YMMV.