ATTENTION: CCleaner Messes Up 10586 Clean Install

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by MonarchX, Jan 10, 2016.

1. JP2015

JP2015 MDL Junior Member

Oct 16, 2015
    NULL and Big Time

2. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    minor oversight, millions lose store, don't know it or how to fix, maybe more, sorry just does not seem to me to be enough, yes even though years of good service, I just can't force myself to click on clean registry button,
    not even with 2 hands, doing the one cheek sneak too, lol:D

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Michaela Joy

Michaela Joy MDL Crazy Lady

Jul 26, 2012
    I agree with endbase and others who have had problems with CCleaner. As a developer, If I offer a product, whether it's free or paid, it's my responsibility to check and make sure that minimal damage, if any, is done to my customers.

If I don't do this, I lose a potential client for a paid version. And that's not good business.
    Yeah...sure. Cut them some slack. But they should have checked their software by running it on Windows 10 -BEFORE- they released it.

It's called Quality Control. Sadly, it's getting more slipshod by the day.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. JP2015

JP2015 MDL Junior Member

Oct 16, 2015
    Piriform just released the 2nd new addition of the new market in smartphones and it looks promising the new release is for all androids at this moment running it as we speak and it's a champ got also word in may 2016 Pirifom with be providing the first CCleaner to the iPhone billion plus market where the apple gang will enjoy

5. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    looks promising :confused::eek:

6. JP2015

JP2015 MDL Junior Member

Oct 16, 2015
    #67 JP2015, Jan 11, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
    Yup and yes sir! Both my wife's and my Nexus 6P really seen the affect in the performance with the new Android CCleaner version 2 that got dropped an hour ago " love it easy 80% improvement so far " :)

JP2016 loves his new Android toys :)
    Doesn't get any better then that

7. GOD666

GOD666 MDL Expert

Aug 1, 2015
    I still do not know what all the fuss is about. :rolleyes: Ccleaner works, Windows works, my apps work, and so does Netflix (app).

I suspect there is MORE to this beyond just Ccleaner.

8. Aemsa

Aemsa MDL Member

Feb 17, 2014
    I was thinking exactly the same.

9. SPDIF

SPDIF MDL Junior Member

Mar 30, 2014
    #70 SPDIF, Jan 12, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2016

God thanks it is not only me thinking ...:worthy: this...
    I used CCleaner for years already on uncountable computer and never faced a problem with it.
    It is doing its job and helped many computer running fast again.

I have used it also on many windows 10 installations, even my own pc here...today.

Everything works fast without any error, still have store, Netflix does work.

Really do not understand all the fuss suddenly about this little program.
    Everyone from friends and family i used and advised to use this, no one complain about it. They all say there pc is responding faster after a round ccleaner.
    Everyone use Netflix, Cortana and many store apps, everything still works. This is really a big :g:for me...

But as for many many things in the world, You have Believers and Haterz...
    Just can say this: If u think its crap and junk then do not use it, but do not try brainwashing other people to say it is junk.

I have two server at home running linux/Red Hat and windows 10 computers. I do the network on my work and program CNC Siemens-Fanuc machines. I know really what is junk and what is not i think after 35 year.

10. dgwin7

dgwin7 MDL Member

Jul 30, 2009
    CCleaner is awesome...:hug2:
    Something wrong with your parasite PC :throw:

I suggest you wipe your HD do write zero s**t.:roflmao:

11. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Glee for all who say it's better than sliced bread, why pray tell are they coming out with new update to fix store,
    It took my store also, but I saved backup copy each time I ran registry cleaner, reinstalled all the backups, from Ccleaner, got store back, not saying this happened to everyone, but to some of us yes it did, I just worry about all those people out there who don't know about this or how to fix.

12. Mutoid

Mutoid MDL Member

Sep 23, 2015
    Yes sir ! .... they just love it when we have to buy a battery pack from the manufacturer ....
    at about 500% markup over the retail cost of some new loose cells !!

13. SPDIF

SPDIF MDL Junior Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Yes instead of discuss it is junk or not, we better try to find out why it happen with some users.
    Tonight after work, make an virtual machine, take snapshot, and ready to experiment.

Not sure about this, could for same price also by related with some hardware and/or dirty written drivers.
    If we work together, maybe could find the issue.

14. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    I'm not calling it junk, I've always used the Pro version (payed for), to me this is not supposed to be a application that you use and hold your breath, hope it, reboots and everything works, but even though I used it for years with no problems, well I've just lost faith in the registry Cleaner part of it, will I continue to use it, yes, but not the registry cleaner part, switched over to what pisthai recommended (PrivaZer) it has a lot more features, yes first pass takes alittle while, but after that under a minute, this thing cleans for real, I'm not cutting down Ccleaner at all, think of all the people that this has effected and have no idea how to fix or what the problem is, it's a personal decision.:D

15. zen45

zen45 MDL Addicted

Feb 25, 2010
    I use CC Kaspersky Malewarebytes anti malware and have them running all the time. I do go to some sites that aren't wholesome and get a pop up about them controlling my computer and the edge browser is locked up and they want me to clicl on a button to allow them to fix my puter so I turn on the taskmaniger close the browser and CC cleans out the cache file and cookies . I do a full backup once a month for s**ts and giggles. so far all works well together ive had no problems with updates . some computers don't have a lot of problems, some do, hardware and software combinations some times create odd malfunctions it takes time to figure out what works best for you ! o_O I do have Netflix steam and other wares and haven't had any problems so run what works remove what don't most of all have fun with it

16. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    Just reboot when that happens:D

17. st0nedpenguin

st0nedpenguin MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009
    Are you sure this is an issue with CCleaner and not the known issue with installing/uninstalling Windows apps via Powershell causing them to break in 10586?

18. lobo11

lobo11 TOMAHAWK CHOP

Feb 16, 2012
    #79 lobo11, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2016

I've never used powershell, just Command Prompt.:D

They already admitted there was a problem,
    and I have not removed anything that came with Win 10:D

19. st0nedpenguin

st0nedpenguin MDL Novice

Jul 30, 2009

Where was the confirmation it's a CCleaner problem?