Aut2exe virus?

Discussion in 'Serious Discussion' started by GangsterV, Dec 23, 2020.

1. GangsterV

GangsterV MDL Novice

Dec 1, 2018
    Hi,

I'm sorry if this is not the right place to post this. I didn't find any forum that is suitable for discussing this matter, so I posted it here. Please move this thread to the right forum if this is not.

So, I was moving some data from a USB flash drive that a friend gave me, and the folders looked kinda weird - the windows 10 folders had a .exe extension at the end. When I double-clicked them (which was a stupid move), the folder actually opened. But then, every time I plug in a USB flash into my laptop, I get this error when removing it:

Popup window title: Aut2exe Error
    Body: Line 0 (File
    "C/Users/<myuser>/AppData/Roaming/<some random letters>/<some random letters again>.au3"):
    Error: Error opening this file.

I looked up the internet but couldn't get anything useful. This seems to be something related to AutoIt3, but I don't know what the heck AutoIt3 is, and I never tried to install it on my laptop.

Does anyone know a solution for this?

Kind regards,
    GangsterV

2. kaljukass

kaljukass MDL Guru

Nov 26, 2012
    There is probably no virus or other malware, but some third-party left-over files (third party remnant files) .
    Such files are typically used to transmit files / information in real time over mobile networks.
    The file system on the memory stick may also be corrupted.
    If these are unfamiliar files to you, it's a good idea to delete them and reformat the flash drive.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...