AutoUnattend.xml, Bypass the All Windows 11 installation restrictions

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by IXMas, Oct 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KleineZiege

KleineZiege MDL Expert

Dec 11, 2018
    #41 KleineZiege, Oct 25, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    digitally you can still activate it if you install the 2 files
    Code:
    WMIC.exe  [ C:\Windows\System32\wbem ]
    WMIC.exe.mui [ C:\Windows\System32\wbem\de-DE ]
    the files you can take from the windows 11 22000

Microsoft Office LTSC Professional Plus 2021
    no longer works with KMS_VL_ALL_AIO-44
    Windows 11 10.0.22483.1011
    Code:
    ***                   Windows Status                     ***

Name: Windows(R), Professional edition
    Description: Windows(R) Operating System, RETAIL channel
    Partial Product Key: 3V66T
    License Status: Licensed

Windows(R), Professional edition:
        The machine is permanently activated.

***              Office 2016-2021 C2R Status             ***
    ---Processing--------------------------
    ---------------------------------------
    PRODUCT ID: 00470-90000-00000-AA453
    SKU ID: fbdb3e18-a8ef-4fb3-9183-dffd60bd0984
    LICENSE NAME: Office 21, Office21ProPlus2021VL_KMS_Client_AE edition
    LICENSE DESCRIPTION: Office 21, VOLUME_KMSCLIENT channel
    BETA EXPIRATION: 01.01.1601
    LICENSE STATUS:  ---OOB_GRACE---
    ERROR CODE: 0x4004F00C
    ERROR DESCRIPTION: The Software Licensing Service reported that the application is running within the valid grace period.
    REMAINING GRACE: 29 days  (43166 minute(s) before expiring)
    Last 5 characters of installed product key: 6F7TH
    Activation Type Configuration: ALL
            DNS auto-discovery: KMS name not available
            Activation Interval: 120 minutes
            Renewal Interval: 10080 minutes
            KMS host caching: Enabled
    ---Exiting-----------------------------

Press any key to continue...
    Code:
    Failed checking KMS Activation ID(s) for Windows.
    Either sppsvc service or SppExtComObjHook.dll is not functional.
    See Read Me for troubleshooting.

No Installed Office 2010 Product Detected...

Press any key to continue...

2. IXMas

IXMas MDL Member

Mar 7, 2021
    Yes, KMS_VL_ALL - OP will have to switch to PowerShell

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. uffbros

uffbros MDL Senior Member

Aug 9, 2010
    I used your program on my daughters desktop that has Intel I-7700 Processor that doesn't qualify for Win 11. This thing did a clean install from the Windows 10 that was installed??? I get the windows like when you boot with a USB drive from BIOS. So I just had it install by selecting C drive. I didn't delete any partitions?? Why did it do this and not just offer to keep files and folders screens????? So this basically cleaned installed 11 and she lost all her stuff?? How was I supposed to an upgrade then?

4. IXMas

IXMas MDL Member

Mar 7, 2021
    #44 IXMas, Oct 25, 2021
    (OP)
    Important for everyone:
    This applies to every Windows installation or upgrade, it does not depend of AutoUnattend.xml

If you run the installation from the BIOS the partition you choose to install will be deleted/formatted and you will lose all previous data.
    Windows will be installed from scratch.

To upgrade, access (from Windows) your installation media and manually run setup.exe
    Or copy everything from USB drive to one folder on your computer and manually run setup.exe.
    All your previous data will be saved.

setup.JPG

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Wow, n00b playing to fix a computer and ends doing a disaster blaming your work @IXMas . Unbelievable.

6. uffbros

Aug 9, 2010
    how was I supposed to know this? Been doing this stuff for 25 years and never a problem????

7. uffbros

Aug 9, 2010
    So the computer in question has windows.old on it but when I go to the recovery there is no item that says click get started to restore back to the Win 10 from the windows.old? I googled this and am not finding a solution when there is no option to click to resore it?? Is there another way?

8. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    Clean installs: run the setup program from BIOS, USB stick/HDD or DVD
    In-place upgrades: run the setup program within a running Windows session, NOT BIOS (you are offered to keep files/programs)

9. Dark Dinosaur

Dark Dinosaur X Æ A-12

Feb 2, 2011
  10. drew84

drew84 MDL Expert

Mar 13, 2014
    #50 drew84, Oct 25, 2021
    Have already manually restored files... made no difference
    will however check your script to see if you have done something differently

as it stands, both Windows and Office deactivated as of 22483, don't have an issue with Windows... but Office- 26 days to resolve the problem

11. uffbros

Aug 9, 2010
    Thanks @Mr.X ...I was running the setup from within Windows..But was running it from the USB drive. I know now you have to copy files to the C drive and run it. Thanks.

12. IXMas

IXMas MDL Member

Mar 7, 2021
    #52 IXMas, Oct 25, 2021
    (OP)
    22483.1xxx

lic.JPG

13. Jack Schitt

Jack Schitt MDL Novice

Nov 26, 2010
    And you didn't image the disk prior to this "adventure?" Standard operating procedure ever since Ghost could run on a single floppy...

Should it matter where the files reside (i.e where they are mounted)? It's boot from the USB for a clean installation OR run setup from WITHIN Windows for an upgrade (as it seems you did). Not meaning to be disruptive here, I'm genuinely concerned as to what the cause was because this makes no sense to me.

14. uffbros

Aug 9, 2010
    @Jack Schitt ....That is what I was trying to say....To be clear...I had Windows 10 Pro running...I then inserted my flash drive which has Win 11 install files.....I was never in boot mode with the flash drive...I clicked on setup...It was giving me the window like you get when you are in boot from flash drive,,It lists the 4 partitions and you can delete,recreate,or whatever your doing. I have no idea why but it clean installed Windows. She didn't have anything of importance so she got a nice running machine but just wondered what went wrong.

15. jasontata1

jasontata1 MDL Novice

Nov 27, 2020
    I "edited" by deleting the appraiserres.dll file altogether, and it worked fine. Didn't have to do any regedit nor add xml files :) [I should add that I was doing an upgrade, not an install from scratch]

16. mzakho

mzakho MDL Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Is the AutoUnattend.xml ready for use, adding it to the ISO files and running the setup file, or does it have to be modified?
    add userData .. key or is ready just for

for install Windows 22483.xxxxx cannot continue without a key

</RunSynchronousCommand>
    </RunSynchronous>
    <UserData>
    <ProductKey>
    <Key></Key>
    </ProductKey>
    </UserData>
    </component>
    </settings>
    </unattend>

Best Regards

17. IXMas

IXMas MDL Member

Mar 7, 2021
    #57 IXMas, Oct 26, 2021
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
    (OP)
    It doesn’t happen all the time but it does happen sometimes. With Windows 22000.xxx never.
    I hold that the reason is DEV-Channel instability.
    Put the key in and he certainly won't ask for anything.

18. mdl42674

mdl42674 MDL Novice

May 7, 2014
    Hi!

I just tried installing win11 by downloading it on an usb stick with ms MediaCreationTool. When I add that file and start setup.exe from within windows 10, I get to the point where it asks me where to install windows 11. If I select my current c:, it says:

"If the partition you've chosen contains files from a previous Windows installation, these files and folders will be moved to a folder named Windows.old. You'll be able to access Windows.old, but you won't be able to use your previous version of Windows."

That does not sound like an upgrade to me but like a new install of windows 11. I'ld like to keep all my installed apps and don't want to install everything from scratch.

I also tried letting the MediaCreationTool create an iso, copy all files from it to an harddrive, put the unattended.xml in there and run setup. The result is the same.

Or should I just click ok to that question and it will upgrade while keeping all my applications?

19. IXMas

IXMas MDL Member

Mar 7, 2021
    Everything is as it should be, your files will be saved in Windows.old and the new operating system will work.
    You will agree that two different Windows cannot exist on the same partition. :D

20. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    There will be normally a "Roll Back" function for a short period of time if you like to go back to your old version of Windows! That said, you could not use the Old Windows Version from within that Windows Old Folder directly, only if you use the offered Roll Back function!