AutoUnattend.xml, Bypass the All Windows 11 installation restrictions

Discussion in 'Windows 11' started by IXMas, Oct 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nuhkka

nuhkka MDL Member

Aug 7, 2009
    I dled the latest MVS iso, extracted it, then placed the autounattend.xml file onto source folder... not sure what you mean by editing the appraiserres.dll.. there's a ton of tpm and uefi entries.. can someone just upload an edited one?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    @nuhkka:
    As I already told you several times, just delete ALL entries in the Notepad edited appraisersres.dll file and delete them! after opening the file in Notepad, use the terms TMP and UEFI (in capital letters!) for to search for those entries, deleted the found one and use the push on the F3 key for to get the next one to delete! Easy and quite fast! What is the problem with that?

Or is it just much easier to let others do the work because you're too lazy do to it on your own?

You learn only by doing things on your own, NOT let others do it for you!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. vdbepz

vdbepz MDL Novice

Jan 15, 2020
    #143 vdbepz, Nov 8, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2021
    deleted

4. TheSkaffer

TheSkaffer MDL Senior Member

May 16, 2010
    I am curious... I did a clean W11 setup on an unsupported laptop (Thinkpad T450) and the only thing I did before that was the REG key. Does a clean setup of W11 scan the registry of a pre-existing W10 that is erased in the installation process...?

5. IXMas

IXMas MDL Member

Mar 7, 2021
    #145 IXMas, Nov 8, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    (OP)
    Just delete these two lines (TpmVersion, UefiSecureBoot), in this position, as below. but of course NOT with notepad

1.PNG

6. IXMas

IXMas MDL Member

Mar 7, 2021
    I don’t find it as the happiest solution because uses boot.wim file extraction and injects the code into it, a way to inject not-so-healthy things.
    I am suspicious of such actions.
    Second, its option does not work on all hardware configurations.

7. IXMas

IXMas MDL Member

Mar 7, 2021
    No.

8. IXMas

IXMas MDL Member

Mar 7, 2021
    #148 IXMas, Nov 8, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2021
    (OP)
  9. pisthai

pisthai Imperfect Human

Jul 29, 2009
    #149 pisthai, Nov 8, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2021
    @IXMas:

You simply seem not to have tried it, and if you had, there are not just 2 lines to delete, there are a lot of entries about TPM and UEFI. And as I although wrote, these searches should be done for TM and UEFI separately using capital letters for both.

And sorry. I always forget that I use Notepad++ and have set that as a replacement for the 'normal' MS Notepad a long time ago. My mistake to forget that because I use Notepad(++) for much different work as the standard editor.

Anyway, besides that, the users could just use Rufus 3.16/17 to create a bootable fully working Windows 11 ISO by selecting under Image Option Extended Windows 11 Installation (no TPM/no SecureBoot/8GB-RAM) and doing a full clean installation! Users did not do anything else like editing or use other files/ways!

Edit: And just to mention, in Windows 11 Pro, you could open .DLL files with the MS Notepad as well! The MS Notepad 10.2103.6.0 works as same as Notepad++!

10. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    And you simply don't seem to read and understand anything. I already suggested for you to open a new thread for appraisersres.dll editing. Stop hijacking this thread.

11. Mr.X

Mr.X MDL Guru

Jul 14, 2013
    @IXMas
    I suggest to edit the title so anyone can see this is about AutoUnattend.xml

12. IXMas

IXMas MDL Member

Mar 7, 2021
    made

13. IXMas

IXMas MDL Member

Mar 7, 2021
    It checks everything for a new installation, not for an upgrade, it makes sense

14. awuctl

awuctl MDL Member

Jun 6, 2020
    #155 awuctl, Nov 8, 2021
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2021
  15. IXMas

IXMas MDL Member

Mar 7, 2021
    #156 IXMas, Nov 9, 2021
    (OP)
    For Windows 11, it makes no difference at all whether the system uses a hardware cryptographic module or its functions are implemented in the processor. In the case of a software TPM, the code is not executed in the external chip, but in the processor itself, so its role is performed by the CPU.

Almost all modern AMD and Intel processors already meet Microsoft's TPM 2.0 requirement, and only a BIOS setting may be preventing you from upgrading your PC to Windows 11.

If your machine does not have a dedicated TPM chip, your CPU may have an equivalent built in. Specifically, Intel integrates Platform Trust Technology (Intel PTT) in its modern processors, while AMD uses something called PSP fTPM. Many motherboard manufacturers disable these by default, but you can enable them from within your motherboard's BIOS. Every BIOS is different, so I would recommend reading your motherboard's manual first.

To avoid I did not check my own BIOS for the average user, it is necessary that all workarounds be included in AutoUnattend.xml with the new installation.

the shortest possible explanation

16. awuctl

awuctl MDL Member

Jun 6, 2020
    #157 awuctl, Nov 9, 2021
    what does software/firmware TPM have to do with anything you're doing here?

17. awuctl

awuctl MDL Member

Jun 6, 2020
    #158 awuctl, Nov 9, 2021
    What I'm doing here is telling for the xth time that the BypassStorageCheck key doesn't mean anything to any setup/installer library.
    Another thing I've done so far is telling you BypassCPUCheck doesn't do what you think it does.

18. IXMas

IXMas MDL Member

Mar 7, 2021
    #159 IXMas, Nov 9, 2021
    (OP)
    All the reasons why the installation of Windows 11 may be aborted/blocked

Blocked By Clover Trail
    Blocked By Upgradable Bios
    Blocked By Bios
    Blocked By S Mode State
    Blocked By Cpu
    Blocked By Memory
    Blocked By Network
    Blocked By Hard Disk Controller
    Blocked By Computer Hardware Id
    Blocked By Device Block
    Blocked By System Drive Too Full
    Blocked By System Drive Size
    Blocked By Tpm Version
    Blocked By Cpu Fms
    Blocked By Uefi Secure Boot

19. IXMas

IXMas MDL Member

Mar 7, 2021
    #160 IXMas, Nov 9, 2021
    (OP)